Painted Heel Gaurds

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd

Reaction score
I painted my heel gaurds and i cut off the tabs for those stupid plastic pieces on the back of them.
this is how rusty and shitty looking they were before
DSCN0355.jpg

and after i painted them
DSCN0694.jpg

DSCN0693.jpg

I ran out of paint so its not the best paint job but 20 times better than before

true that, watch out for it chipping off, i painted mine black and since the tires are right there they trow rocks and **** on them and crack it up then it chips off. well thats what happen to mine at least.

Even with some chipped paint it would take a long time for those to look as bad as they did before they painted them. They look great with those tabs removed too.

What kind of paint did you use? It looks like the aluminum/chrome spray paint that always turns gray after it's washed a few times. It didn't take me long to figure out to stay away from that stuff, it looks great at first, but the metallic part kinda rubs off. I started using silver automotive paint after figuring that out, it's not so bright and chrome-looking at the beginning, but it doesn't dull out over time.

I did the same thing to mine, only I never put them on. I used Krylon Chrome spray, and smotheded them really good with a 4 inch angle grinder.

question.... did you pain them.. with the foot pegs on the bike... or did you take them off then sprey them..
i want to pray mine with gravel guard.. but im lazy and dont want to take them off the bike..

Dude it's 3 bolts, just take them off. You should clean them and sand down the rust first if you want it to turn out decent anyways.

I took mine off and really sanded them down well and put about 4-5 coats of high heat black paint. Only been on about 4 rides after painting them but so far they are holding up better than I expected.

Yea i took them off, used a wire wheel to take a lot of the rust off, cut the tabs off with a band saw and grinded them down with a bench grinder, sanded them then painted them with 2 coats of metal primer and then 3 coats of this "aluminum" finish spray paint that i had in my basement. I'm probably going to paint them again a darker gray dupli-color paint.

What's the difference between left and right that one would be harder than the other? Mine have been off for 2 years, but I don't remember there being a difference in mounting.

Thats because there is no difference in mounting. Only problem I had with mine is they had never been taken off before but a couple sprays of bolt loosener fixed that.

Back