paint

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrblonde

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could find some orange paint to touch up my a-arm on the rappy...I scrated it up pretty nice today and would like to prevent rust

Your best bet is to get a sample of it, and check around at the local auto parts stores for some spray paint that matches it closely. You can buy yamaha matched paint, but it's like 30 bucks a can. It's sort of a lost cause to keep paint on a-arms in good shape though, unless you ride on carefully groomed trails, because a-arms are at a pretty vulnerable location to get the paint taken off by stuff like rocks, vegetation, and roost from other riders.

yeah thats probablly my best bet...the last thing im gonna do is spend 30 dollars on paint. sorry for a newbish dumb question but what exactly is a roost? thanks :)

Roost is just the dirt, gravel, debris etc. getting kicked up and thrown by the tires of the rider in front of you. If you ride alone, or just do casual trail riding you probably don't need to worry about it, but when riding competitively, you'd be surprised at how much damage it can do. My brother had a bruise on his chest from a rock my rear tires whipped at him, and has little nicks all over the front of his plastics, bumper, headlight, and a-arms just from little stuff getting kicked at him.

For more info click here lol:
http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=pictures&thread=1165728725&page=1

thanks for the lingo definition...deffintely a roostalicious thread

Roost is just the dirt, gravel, debris etc. getting kicked up and thrown by the tires of the rider in front of you. If you ride alone, or just do casual trail riding you probably don't need to worry about it, but when riding competitively, you'd be surprised at how much damage it can do. My brother had a bruise on his chest from a rock my rear tires whipped at him, and has little nicks all over the front of his plastics, bumper, headlight, and a-arms just from little stuff getting kicked at him.

For more info click here lol:

http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=pictures&thread=1165728725&page=1

Hey Yamarider mabe your brother needs to get a faster quad so he could get in front of you lol, seems your always dusting him.

Back