Over Consuming Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TozeKituki

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So these days have been giving me headaches with problems coming and going on my warrior.

Now I have another problem that I cant solve.

Every time I turned on my lights ( Even with the headlights off ) a fuse of 20 Amps would set off and in some tests I came to a conclusion that 20 Amps where not enough so I putted a 30 Amps fuse.

And it worked for like 10 secs with the lights very weak and then the 30 Amps fuse " blew up ".

And the cables of this switch ^ got very hot which is not normal.

I think that something is over consuming and it triggers the fuse.

I don't know what is over consuming or how do I see that it´s over consuming

BTW, this only happens when I turn on the lights. I can do everything else without "blowing up" the fuse

Any help is welcome :tup:

Last edited:
Check all the wires that run to the lights and the wires on the switch against the handlebars. I bet one is shorting out on the frame.

Agree on a short, triple check grounds,,a bad ground will cause wires to heat up pretty quick

If ye keep having troubles, id remove the entire harness and go through it and clean all connections,, just done mine and it was well worth it..

I don't know if you found problem yet but a thought came to my mind.

I checked the wiring diagram to confirm it. one side of that fuse goes to the battery. the other side splits into two wires. one goes to the key switch. the other comes from the regulator/rectifier to charge your battery and maintain power supply to continue running. I'm thinking that fuse is there to keep your battery from overcharging and exploding incase the regulator/rectifier goes bad.

you may want to unplug your regulator/rectifier and see if that fuse still pops

Latest posts

Back