outer cv joint rebulid

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocarl

Reaction score
Hello folks. New to the site, and would like to thank you in advance for any advice. I have a 06 wolverine 450. The outer boot tore and end result was bearing race getting shreaded. I ordered a outer cv joint rebuild kit, and expected the rebuild to be pretty straight foward. Pulled everything off to get to the axle. Because the bearings were shreaded, the cv joint just came off pretty easy. The inner race, or cup, not sure what to call it, it still on the axle. I have racked my brain trying to get it off. There is no visible clip or retaining ring. It must be internal. I used a brass punch with a dead blow, and it won't budge. Am i going to have to remove the axle to get this done? I have looked over all threads, and other forums. no luck. Service manual is no help. I would like to meet the engineer that designed this master piece. I'm no dummy when it comes to working on these(I own 5 atv's, and do all my own work), but this one has me stumped. Thanks for listening guys, and all input is more than welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back