Opinions on a 2006 KFX400

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgm0967

Reaction score
I know I'm on a Warrior board but what opinions do you have on the KFX? There's one that seems seems cheap for sale. I'd probably flip it and keep the Warrior. Too much time invested.

They are very good bikes. All they are is a re-badged Z400. Lots of performance parts for cheap for them. There is a thread that Jons started a few months back when he was looking into a Z400, and it covers all the pros and cons of them.

yeah, check my thread. i love my 06 and plan to keep it. also, i was gonna do the same thing and flip it for something else lol. the overall quality and power really surprised me.

So Suzuki built Kawi a quad. I didn't believe it but after some research, yep you're right. Shows how outa touch I am.

They also built the Arctic Cat DVX400. All the same quads. I had a LTZ400 and it rocked. Wish I would have kept it. Another wheelie machine.

So Suzuki built Kawi a quad. I didn't believe it but after some research, yep you're right. Shows how outa touch I am.

in reality suzuki builds alot of crap for kawasaki and kawasaki builds alot of crap for suzuki. several years of they're 600 and 1000cc crotch rockets are basically the same with different fairings

Don't wrap your hairy arms around me yet. After a long drive turns out it don't run well. Bogged down and just wasn't right. Idle was high and back brake needed some attention. I had a friend along looking for a quad, and we both passed.

It's in northcentral PA. I'd love to help the guy sell it. Great guy but not much of a talker. Hard to find place. If you want tit, i'll give more info.

how cheap is cheap? the main thing you have to worry about is keeping the valves adjusted and air filter clean. If you get it maintained and keep doing so it'll be a great bike and hell you said you'd flip it. These bikes hold value very well.

I'd have bought it if it wasn't a total hunk of ****. Then again, I am stupid in that department. All the quads I have bought are a testiment to that. All were total hunks of crap.

$1700. Not cheap enough to flip and not what my friend wanted. It has battle scars and shows alot of use but the engine build seems to have some potential. My guess is a carb clean but could be valves ect. Adjustable front arms, 2 sets of rear wheels, and a few other goodies.Pretty rough plastics.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/mcd/3479160624.html

Last edited:
an '03 for $2500? thats CRAZY! '03's down here are like $1300... with those mods MAYBE $1800. best i recall the '03 bikes had tranny issues

Idk about trans issues, but, the frames would crack, and the water pumps would leak.

my brother has a kfx 400 and its got alot of power for a 400. His is geared to the point of hitting the throttle and its on 2 tires, but has plenty of speed in the higher gears. There pretty good by what Ive seen and rode, but they seem like a pain in the butt to work on motor wise because of how everythings enclosed real tight underneath the platics, but i would have one in a hearbeat, but id always hold on to the warrior.

'03 was the first year and i'm pretty sure they had 2nd gear problems. they fixed it in '04

Are you sure your'e not thinking of raptor 660's? I know they had trans problems the first year.

i was reading somewhere about a tensioner spring for first or second gear that breaks or something and they beefed it up some in the '04 and newer bikes. idk just going on what i've read

Latest posts

Back