Opinion on 4x4 quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd

Reaction score
I have had my warrior for 3 years and it has been great. But where I ride really calls for a 4x4 most of the time I can almost manage on my warrior but not quite. So I decided I'm going to buy a 4x4 and I narrowed it down to a Honda Rincon, Can Am outlander 650 and possibly a Grizzly 700. I just want your opinion if any of you have any experiance with these bikes because when I ask about this on a 4x4 forum most of the time I just get replies bashing other bikes and not really helping me out.

I've seen good things out of can am lately but havent run any of the machines so i cannot get to into detail. and i dont know much about the yamaha and the honda. I have ridden the polaris and do like them for the most part and so do many of my friends but i have heard of alot of people not liking them...

I would look at the can am or the griz myself. Never rode a can am but I kept a buddies 660 griz here for a month awhile back and I rode the hell out of it. The power will never let you down and it is a comfortable ride.

Dude what about an artic cat they are my fav 4x4's

Heres another vote for Arctic Cat. I have ridden the 700 and its a hell of a beast, if i ever go 4x4, the cats what im getting. I have also rode the honda and I wasnt really impressed with it, Sorry I have no experiance with the can am or yamaha's. The only other 4x4 ive ridden was a 87 polaris trailboss 250, now that thing was a tank, slow as hell but it went everywhere.

Yea artic cat came out with ******* 1000 yes one thousand ******* monster lol I would love the hell out of a ride on it..
Artic Cat did not come out with a 1000, its a 950.

Anyways I would'nt get the rincon, although its a 680 its the slowest out of all of the big bore utes. Not sure of your price range but, the 700 grizzly and can am are on top. Personally if I were to buy a big ute and had the dough, I would get the can am 800.

I know that the Rincon is the slowest of them but I'm still considering it because it is the only one that doesn't use a CVT belt drive transmission. I don't wan't an Arctic Cat because I don't like the looks and they are tanks (really heavy) compared to the others. Can-Am are so nice but really expensive. The Grizz is always a contender. DAMN!!! I just can't decide, I guess I really just have to get out and ride some.

My dad has a 2004 500 foreman, and it's a beast I have beat the piss out of it and it's never been down. Sounds like you are looking for something with a bigger engine though. The foreman sits about the same size as the rincon, and will still run almost 60 on flat ground. The only thing I dont like about it is that its all time 4x4, you can buy an aftermarket cable you pull to take it out of 4wd though my neihbor has it on his. Plus the new 07 foreman has power steering.

I have ridden a foreman my cousin has one and its a great bike i just want somthing with IRS thats why I didn't include it.

Well I just crossed Can Am off my list because after further researched I found out that they have pretty weak frames so its down to the Gizzly, Rincon and possibly a honda Rubicon, wut do you guys think?

i have heard stories about the rincon having problems getting stuck in the mud. i dont think it has true, locking 4wd. i remember seeing a video, the rincon got stuck and had a front tire off the ground and it was spinning, the front wheel that had contact with the ground wasn't doing a damn thing. he got pulled out by a grizz 700. but, i have heard that the rincon is a sportier ute compared to the others, even if its slow. IMO i wouldn't consider the rincon in the same category as the others you mentioned, but its still a good machine.

You cant go by what you see in a video with probably some drunk redneck riding it. With a good set of tires and a good rider its gona take a lot to get a rincon stuck. Trust me, one of my uncles and my grandpa both own 07 680 rincons and they go good. Also just because its not the fastest out of the big utes dont mean anything, they run good. Its got the smallest engine out of the big bore utes in its class besides the 650 can am?

No the honda doesn't have a locking front diff. so it can turn into 3wd in some situations but I can fix that easily buy installing a locker.

I know it's a 950 as far as cc's but on the site they say 1000 thats why i said 1000 either way it is by far the bigest atv out there for now. I wonder what yamaha and the rest will do now all out 1000 cc rides by the year 2010 there will probaly be 1500 cc quads it would be real nice to see a 1000 motor in the rhino i love rhino's but they could use bigger motors.
[quote:eek:w71x0vg]Yea artic cat came out with ******* 1000 yes one thousand ******* monster lol I would love the hell out of a ride on it..
Artic Cat did not come out with a 1000, its a 950.

Anyways I would'nt get the rincon, although its a 680 its the slowest out of all of the big bore utes. Not sure of your price range but, the 700 grizzly and can am are on top. Personally if I were to buy a big ute and had the dough, I would get the can am 800.[/quote:eek:w71x0vg]

Well thanks for all your input, I have decided to just get the Honda Rubicon or 500 foreman depending on money. I have ridden both and they are great bikes.

Latest posts

Back