Open container

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floridaredneck

Reaction score
Okay ya'll I just got my first open container ticket. Friday the 13 is a unlucky day. But I'm 15 and only have my permit, will this affect my permit any way? I wasn't driving I was in the back seat.

Im in Florida if it matters.

I don't think it'll affect your permit. You weren't driving so I don't see how it could affect your right to drive in any way. Were you holding it at the time or something? I always thought only the driver gets charged with that.

If he is holding an open container underage it can screw up you getting your license especially if you were caught in a car with it. Each state has its own system of conditions that one must meet to go from a driver with a permit, to a provisional license, to a full license. If I were you I'd try to get in touch with a lawyer to better understand your options.

Also having an open container of alcohol in a moving car especially at that age is just a bad decision to begin with.

I wasn't holding it their were just a few beer bottles in the back of the 4 runner. Just came back from a party and people musta through them in their because we had the trunk open listing to music. And their was also a empty case on the floor bords. I don't have to go to court or anything as far as I know its just a ticket. So shouldn't I just have to pay for it then go on my way?

Theirs no point for me to pay all the court charges if I can just pay a $75 ticket. I just hope that I will still keep my permit.

I don't know about florida, but here in ontario there are no court charges, it's all free. But yea, not worth it IMO, it's just $75. A few weeks ago I got a careless driving ticket, $350 and 6 points, that ****'s going to court. :p

I called today to see whats going on and the lady said my ticket hasn't went through yet.

Alot of tickets do involve going to court. Before you make any decisions research your state laws.

Many tickets involve a trip before a magistrate. I bet regardless of whether or not you have to appear before a judge you will have a bunch of other bs charges along with your fine. I got a no seatbelt ticket a few years ago; $5 fine and $110 in various costs. I would tell them to shove the ticket if it wasn't my vehicle and I didn't have any possesion of any alcohol.

Yeh went and paid the ticket today and it was 70.50 and they didn't say anything about the permit. I'm thinking about going down to the DMV and checking on it.

i done that. payed the ticket cause it was cheap. got a ticket a lil later and cause of both tickets i lost my license.. but they didnt say anything about it when i paid the ticket.. hope they dont send you anything in the mail in a few weeks stating your permit is messed up now.

Back