Older Wolverine Question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtfan07

Reaction score
This past weekend was the first extended ride I've had on my 04 and I noticed it seems to make a lot of intake/carb noise. Is this normal? It sounds like the top is off the box (of course it's not) enough that it drowns out the stock exhaust at any more than half throttle. I realize their is a breather right between my legs under the seat but since I bought it used I'm thinking their might be a part missing? Is their an easy fix or it just one of the quirks of older Wolverines?

BTW-- it runs perfectly

Idk dirtfan i have 2 '04 wolverines and neither makes noise like that. 1 has a stock air filter the other a k&n.

Is the short snorkel in place? it comes out of the top of the air box lid and extends towards the gas tank. Try comparing to one of the online parts catalogue diagrams to see if anything is missing.

Mine makes a decent amount of noise when I get on the throttle. I do have a K&N with a Noss intake in the stock airbox though.

Yeah, the short snorkel is there but their isen't anything in it or covering it. Is their supposed to be a gasket between the top and the bottom of the box? I don't have one on mine although the top appears to be well sealed.

Back