Old machine need love.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McOmish

Reaction score
So I've got the old beast running again, this is my warrior that has sat for a few years due to a "friend" wrecking it. It starts up and runs, i put a little fuel system cleaner in it. It was choked while warming up and i noticed my new fmf powerbomb was turning bright red near the exhaust port. would those kind of temperatures be normal or would it be just because its a brand new header? Also it will be my first time jetting a carb. Am I correct in thinking i need to remove it to access the jets? Also what sizec would be recommended to start at with a HMF Competition Series muffler and the holes-in-airbox mod with a K&N?

Last edited:
the red header means its lean if its a stock jet in there now it will be 145 if so try upping it to a 150 and yes you need to pull the carb than the carb bowl off to change the jet

you don't need to disconnect the thottle cables from the carb, just remove the airbox tube, then take off the 2 nuts holding the intake on, take off the fuel line and you can turn the carb upside down to change the jets

ooh, mine has been red when i ride at night, so i guess i need to up mine too

yeah but ive been doing a bunch of short rides, 10-15mons tops, so shouldnt be an damage

if you run lean you're engine will run hot and eventully melt the piston

Back