ok i need help fast!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codybob

Reaction score
OK BOUGHT THIS 02 warrior it had an idle problem but didnt bog after gas was given...took the carb apart pilot jet was clogged..put it back together it idled fine i get on it and give it gas it bogs ok i take it back apart everthing is so i try a bigger main..155main and i popped the airbox its got a stock filter and stock pipe with the biffle out of iti put the 155 main in and air fuel screw out 2.5 times back toether it still bogs...back apart put the needle jet from 3 spots down to 4 spots back toghether still bogs. back apart put stock 150 main back and needle back at 3 spots and the air feul screw out 2 turns back together put the lip back on airbox still bogs!!!!!...idk what to do ive tryed every varions with air lid on off idk im so puzzled it didnt bog wen u gave it gas b4 wen the pilot was clogged now it idles but bogs wen gas is given idk what to do im about to say the hell with it and take it to a shop please help!!!!

You still have the parking prake on the quad??? If so this could be your problem and would be time to buy the e-brake block off.

if the parking brake is on the clutch side i dont thing so because there is nothing but the clutch lever and a broken braket looking thing why what does that do

Check the intake manifold for cracks. It's easy to tear them when you're working on the carb, and an air leak can cause the trouble you're having.

Check the intake manifold for cracks. It's easy to tear them when you're working on the carb, and an air leak can cause the trouble you're having.

I was just gonna say that..only cause i thought i had to re-jet mine last nite...come to find out i had a tear on each side of the boot!!

im 99.9 percent sure there is no cracks. i need to know about this parking brake thing cuz it looks like mine has been broken off or remved by the previuos owner

The easeist way to describe the E-brake..if your bracket is snapped down wear the cable should be"near the caliper" and your cable is just sitting there that will do it....the cable needs to be fully extended on the bracket.....if the bracket is snapped you cant use the E-brake so next take of your cable and that will stop the restrition....and then by your E-brake block off

i just looked down my main jey and i see the needle jet is off to one side of the hole...and wen i moved the throttle it spins and moves within the hole im not sure if that is supposed to do that

i fugured it out...wen i cleaned my pilot jet i used a torch cleaner and i made the hole bigger so i droped my main to 147.5 and she runs like a bat outta hell

147.5 is the size to run for a piped and filtered warrior!!! The pilot jet usually needs to be increased by one size as well.

i have a stock pipe with the spark arrester out and a stock filter and it runs good with that main

you know funny thing with rejetting and what not.
I have a 01 warrior that has been bored, ported and polished, an after market exhaust and airfilter and I still have the main jet of 145 in it. it runs like a champ. I replaced the plug. ran it a while and its burning exactly at what its supposed to.

Every machine and climate will make jetting different, and that's a perfect example. Yours is probably like that because you got a good port and polish. A good port and polish will let the engine run more efficiently, which is probably why yours is working so good with a smaller main jet than someone with just a slip-on exhuast needs.

its all good now i got a team alba pipe and k&n filter i got he specs for the jetting from them i kept the same main uped the pilot and drilled the the airbox....she runs great the exhaust sounds great and i got a good gain from it

Back