OK got the 488 installed and I am breaking it in. REVIEWS

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctateusa1

Reaction score
Well I got the 488 installed this morning and everything is back together. I have just had about 5 minutes on the wolvy since then, But I can already tell it has a lot more power than stock. I found it much easier to pull a wheelie and it spins the tires all the way across the parking lot here at work (5 stall mechanics shop and room for 2 big offices.) I cant wait to get it home tonight and finish breaking it in the right way :lol:

Where is the fun in that though.

I will ride it around for a little while tonight. When I stick it in reverse and hammer the gas it will leave blackmarks on pavement, and in forward it starts to wheelie a little, but with just a slight tug it will come right on up.

I actually on the first wheelie, scared myself because it came up so fast I wasnt ready for it.

On the smaller inclines just sitting back in the seat and hammering the gas it will come up to wheelie easily.

So far the power is much better and more tractable

If you don't mind, could you give a little more info on your 488 kit you had done!?! What all did you have to send in to them and so on....I'm looking for a little more detail ! I would love to do something like this in the future.

So you have had the 488 in for a while now...any problems? top speed the same or is it faster?

I would think it is mostly bottom end..

do you or anyone else have any idea what a stock 450 puts out for hp?
and what the 488 kit would put out?

I am really tempted to do this next....I just do not know what to expect for power gain....

I have a gearless locker on the way now as well.....I would love more power.....

No top speed is the same no difference there at all(that will only be affected by the clutching or gearing). I have not had any problems other than I almost flipped it backwards the first day I had the 488 installed.

It has so much more power all the way through that it is not even funny.
The smile factor went from :) to XD.

I would like to add the gearless locker after my credit card recovers from the bbk but at the moment it will be a few more months.

Back