ok deal??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06yfm350

Reaction score
well, i came across a 1988 banshee that needs a bottom end( the crank) its looks to be in good shape, frame isnt bent or anything like that. heres a pic of it-

RZ350banshee.jpg

it has everything that isnt on it in that pic, like the clutch lever, chain, foot pegs, etc..

he wants $900 (canadian) and says all it needs is a crank and it will run good. i was looking for something like this to get me started in small engine repair. do u guys think that this would be an ok deal or should i skip it and wait for another deal..

remember, $900 canadian not american.

I would be reluctant to believe that all it needs is a crank, unless he can prove it. Usually if something goes wrong with a crank, especially on a banshee, it greneded and tore up more than just the crank itself.

I'm not sure exactly what 900 cdn is in us dollars, but it seems reasonable, i'd try to talk him down to maybe 750 cdn for it, because it's hard to say what's really going on inside that motor until you open it up.

he tells me all he wants to do is get his money out of it in which he put into it. i will try to talk him down to $800, but first, i have to get some money, lol.

I would be reluctant to believe that all it needs is a crank, unless he can prove it. Usually if something goes wrong with a crank, especially on a banshee, it greneded and tore up more than just the crank itself.

I'm not sure exactly what 900 cdn is in us dollars, but it seems reasonable, i'd try to talk him down to maybe 750 cdn for it, because it's hard to say what's really going on inside that motor until you open it up.

900 in canadian is 777 in united states

Well **** for 777$ I would buy it just to part it!!!! lol You could get your money back with plenty extra in just the parts alone if the damage turned out to be to severe!

I see it as a win-win situation really...

If it really only needs just a rebuild and you want to do it and learn then great!

If you get it and find the rebuild is going to cost you more then you expected it still isnt a loss; you still will get double your money back EASY if you part it out!!!

Thanks for the reply doug. i have to talk it over either tomorrow or in the next week or so. i will probably have it if i decide to get it in the next couple weeks because this thursday im leaving for cuba.

i think that this bike would be good to have for me to learn on, so i might be able to pick it up and do some motor work on it, and then keep it for a backup quad :)

"If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
With that being taken into consideration, I'd atleast wait til someone was straight up, and said this is what it needs, and this is how it runs... Then starts it up, and let's YOU give it a go (personally mess with it). Let's you toy w/ the clutch cable, brakes, make sure the air cover fits well/is sealed up tight. Whatever else you can reach/think of. Look on the underside, and see if anything looks amiss.
One thing is to find out if they were going to have any work done and haven't done it yet, And if so, if it was mandatory. Stuff like loose ball joints up front can go overlooked rather easily, but be a pain in 2-3 months down the line (atleast the previous owner told me mine were on the way out) depending on riding conditions...
~Bill

The motor is apart right now on it and ready to have a new crank put in. i know this will have its problems.. its going on 19 years old lol..

Latest posts

Back