Oil filters?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdale85

Reaction score
Is there a suitable oil filter that you can get from autozone or the likes? I stopped by a yamaha dealer but they wanted like 16 bucks for the OEM filter.

Also, I bought a grease gun at Walmart today. I bought some supertech lithium based grease, is this stuff ok to use on the warrior?

Grease is Grease, I don't think to hard about it. Hop on ebay and look for some Hi-Flo lilters. You can usually find a 3 or 5 pack of them for a good price.

There's a 10 pack, that's a bit more then I have to spend at the moment though. Have to grab those next time. Singles are 8.18 shipped though. So not to bad, I'll stick with the supertech grease then.

A lot of people seem to go with the Rotella 5W40 oil which is what I use in my car and it's great, but it's synthetic? Some have said they have clutch issues with synthetics, but everyone that said they use this stuff says it works great. There is a Rotella non synthetic 15W40 though. Although Castrol 10W-40 is only 3.99 so 12 bucks for 3. I know everyone says Valvoline isn't that great, is Castrol any better?

Just like the grease, don't beat yourself over the head about it.
I usually use inexpensive non synthetic oil, and have never, ever had an oil related problem.

The key is to change it often.

My '02 BMW has had BMW service all of its 109K miles of life (pricey synthetic or Castrol with BMW filters). Previous owners obviously bought into the "extended service" bull crap... underneath the valve cover sure is sludgey, and the filters (look like a big Warrior filter) always have soft chunks lodged in them.

I repeat, the key is to change it often.

There's a 10 pack, that's a bit more then I have to spend at the moment though. Have to grab those next time. Singles are 8.18 shipped though. So not to bad, I'll stick with the supertech grease then.

A lot of people seem to go with the Rotella 5W40 oil which is what I use in my car and it's great, but it's synthetic? Some have said they have clutch issues with synthetics, but everyone that said they use this stuff says it works great. There is a Rotella non synthetic 15W40 though. Although Castrol 10W-40 is only 3.99 so 12 bucks for 3. I know everyone says Valvoline isn't that great, is Castrol any better?

I run the 15w40 rotella and even in the winter, my quads will fire right up. Hell over on quadzone.com there are full time racers that use it. Of coarse it does help me that my truck (7.3 powerstroke) runs the same oil, so I just buy a little extra when I change my trucks oil. You can buy a gallon of 15w40 rotella for what you are going to spend on 3 of the Castrol, also is that Castrol rated for wet clutchs.

Yeah it says on the back for wet clutches. The Rotella isn't though? For what that's worth.

Actually I know the 15w40 does but its one of those letter sets on them. It doesnt actually right out say for wet clutchs, but has the right spec., agian I just cant remember right now what it is.

I looked at the Castrol motorcycle oil again and it doesn't say anything about wet clutches? Ugh this whole wet clutch thing has me all paranoid about oils lol.

Back