oil cooler mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashish420

Reaction score
I was interested in the oil cooler mod for my warrior as neutral is hard to find when its warm and its helped others.How exactly does the oil get sucked into the oil cooler? i dont see any pumps or electrics in the kits?

Depending on which method you go with your depends on how the oil is picked up, but the oil pump in a warrior puts out more than enough pressure to make up for the cooler and lines. A past member had a pressure gauge tee'd into his and verified it. You can use big bear parts or clutch cover mod to add the cooler.

ok in the tutorials no one shows where to connect the hoses inside the clutch cover.Do i connect it directly to the pump like splicing the cooler into the system? I havnt been in that side of the engine yet so i never seen the pump but i cant imagine the hoses on the pump are that big :S

Last edited:
Ok i just found out i have to drill into a oil passage and with my marks ill miss it What is the oil filter method?

It a bolt on type oil cooler, it uses a 95 big bear oil filter cover and spacer, then you just bolt it on. Run your lines to your cooler and your done. That's the meathod I prefer and the one I run.

It a bolt on type oil cooler, it uses a 95 big bear oil filter cover and spacer, then you just bolt it on. Run your lines to your cooler and your done. That's the meathod I prefer and the one I run.

are you still running the stock shifter? ive read the big bear cooler doesnt work with the yz250 shifter.

Latest posts

Back