Oil Cooler Mod??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMC 350

Reaction score
I need help again people!!!!:iagree:

I'm gonna run a cooler on the warrior and I'll be doing it by tapping into the clutch cover.

Question 1.......which fitting is the supply (pressure) and which fitting will be the return from the cooler?

Question 2.......what is the best method for blocking the passage between the 2 holes?

Question 3.......does anyone have any "dont let this happen to you" advice.

This will answer your questions.

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15037&page=3&highlight=cooler

http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15037&highlight=cooler&page=5

And, MAKE SURE you scribe that line in the EXACT same path as in the thread pics! Also, when you drill the top hole, you WILL bit off some off the sides of the galley, that is NORMAL, and you can see some of that in the pics. You can see a little "landing" on either side of the top hole. I know, because I just id mine.

Beat you to it sparky! Lol. Btw USMC, I posted the 3rd and 5th pages. 5th page is best.

I was planning on doing a weld job to seal the journal. But I hadn't thought about welding fittings in.
Was also thinking of welding a Diamond guard over the fittings.

Yep.. Was gona have the gallery plug weld to block it and then the fittings welded on.... Just have to find someone that can tig weld... I have a guy in Moscow Mills that would do it for basically free... Just driving up there would cost an arm and a leg for me...

I got a tig rig the last time I was home.
I've got the alum filler rods and alum stock. Now I just need to learn the trick to welding alum.
Carbon and stainless are pretty easy.

I got a tig rig the last time I was home.
I've got the alum filler rods and alum stock. Now I just need to learn the trick to welding alum.
Carbon and stainless are pretty easy.

TIG welding aluminum is easy with lots and lots of practice. Its all in controlling your puddle since aluminum doesnt heat the same.

Back