Ohio members, were you required to get plates when you registered?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdale85

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just called the BMV to ask about taxes and registration fee's for the warrior I'm picking up tomorrow and they said 90 for the title work and then I have to pay 35 dollars for plates? This is strange to me because my aunt has 2 ATV's and neither of them have plates on them and I know her registration is up to date.

If you get a title with it just get it transfered into your name you don't need plates. I don't have a title or plates at all i just ride the thing

Yeah but if you get the title transferred at the BMV they are going to want me to to get plates. Apparently in Ohio you can't get title work done at AAA.

Plates in Ohio are new this year. I don't have them yet. I don't plan on wheeling on state land or getting harassed by the fuzz.

I do have a title and insurance on my quad thou.

Well I was looking online and apparently the new plate laws came out back in 2009?

Yeah, not sure I can just switch the title over without getting tags.. I honestly don't mind paying the tags 35 for 3 years isn't bad. But I think 90 for title work is a bit insane.

Yeah a lot of people don't have them. Well she put on the title I paid her 100 for it lol so taxes and title work shouldn't be that bad now :)

Ok, So now I'm looking at a trailer and was curious about the registration process. It seems that I have to get the trailer weighed and then the registration fee is based on it's total weight. Do you have to do title work and all that on a trailer? I'm guessing the sales tax I'd pay at the store is going to be the only taxes I have to pay other then the registration fee's? I'm not even sure if the trailers at Lowes and the likes have titles?

Back