Ohh how i love atv shops

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswwarrior350

Reaction score
Alright so my friend has a 300ex thats pretty much stock but had a carb issue. Just to let you know the 300ex stock carb is the biggest hunk of **** in the world, this is the second time the arm that controls the idle snapped off. (honda dealer say they cant get the part... who knows ugh). But anyway he got a newer used carb and put it on... thing would not start no matter what so he takes it to the local mechanic. This guy tells him that his rings are shot and thats it going to cost 500 dollars to fix. Now tell me this.... how does a perfectly fine running atv go from having an idle problem to having the rings just go kaput over a winter of not riding it? Thats right they dont. I knew this guy was full of **** so i told my friend to go pick up his quad and ill fix it. Of course it wont start, i pull the plug and it had excellent spark, tons of compression, but to me looked to be gas fouled. But just to see what this guy actually did do i tore into the motor a little bit and what do you know.... never was there a bolt broke loose on the head of that thing. so now tell me this, how does this guy know that the rings are shot when he never even took the head off and didnt check the compression because it was excellent.

So me being the well educated young man that i am toss a new plug in it, shot of starting fluid and a little tug from my warrior and what do you know. Thing fired right up and runs excellent haha.

God i love shops and their bullshit.... i have 1/2 the notion that i should go give the guy a piece of my mind but i figure id hold my horses. And to think he has all the locals around here believing he is the best of the best. Ill tell you what hes good at.... getting peoples money and making them think he is solving problems... when in fact just like this incident nothing is wrong that someone with very very limited mechanicle knowledge couldnt solve.

The problem with the quad was in my opinion (well actually i know for a fact) it was flooded. Thats it.... the only reason is wouldnt start with the starter is because it wasnt turning the motor over fast enough. Now that i had it started the thing starting first turn everytime.

I hear you. I try to do all my work on my cars, mtn bike, and atv. I only bring them in as a last option. I took my truck in for an alignment several months ago and noticed my tires are wearing uneven. So I took it somewhere else and they tell me the truck is way out of alignment! I was pissed! New tires also.

Bro the yami dealer by me told me my quad probably won't last more then a month with all the aftermarket junk I have installed. He went on to tell me that yamaha designed the warrior motor to make a specific horse power and if they wanted more they would designed it for that. He said he dosn't trust aftermarket motor parts or "some dudes crazy design to make more HP" I just stood there and listened and was like yup ;D.

yup a guy told me rev boxes are no good for warriors because the manufacturer only wants them to run at a certain rpm and i was like wtf this guy si stupid or what?lol and he kept rambling on about how aftermarket stuff is not good for warrior he said that warriors are not meant to be touched and a whole bunch of other **** lol

Yea...... this may be an opinion rather than fact. But the more aftermarket parts i put on my warrior the more reliable it seems to get. When mine was stock i had problems with random **** all the time... mostly electricle and for some reason i couldnt keep water out of the damn airbox. Now with all my mods i never have problems and my airbox is like swiss cheese.

Back