oh man i got problems my head pipe is going RED helppp agghh:(

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89YFM_BEAST

Reaction score
Oh guy **** I need help man I'm pissed just put 1500$ into the motor an the shop must have fucked something up I just went out its like -5 here an snow on the ground but just idleing the head pipe was glowing red pulled out the plug an wow white as the snow **** my new top end agghh it has a 160main in it in less those fuckers from the shop put a stock 145 back in this first time iv seen this bike do this wut could be the prob I know it needs more fuel were should I start guys I need good info my new top end dam:(

Nope it is a stock 45 pilot but I ran it to for a few mins cause I let it cool an got off an the pipe was still red gezz this is not good I know she's craveing for fuel that's for sure never seen it do this but hey good question for yas with all the new stuff its got bigger piston hot cams stage 1 an so on that will make it want more fuel I think right??

I have not touched the pilot screw yet eather since it been out of the shop now turning it in will give more fuel an turning it out give more air I belive corect me if I'm wrong I know I few things bout quads but no pro or anything were should I start that's my question??

Stock is 42.5, some guys have had to go up to 2 full sizes. But if I remember correctly there was a few guys on here that thier headpipes do the same thing all the time.

Either way a white plug is usually lean so you need to figure out where its lean exactly.

Oh k sounds like fun dam I'm not happy u would think a bike comin from a bike shop it would be set I asked buddy is my carb set oyea oyea he was like its set right up ok its not set up at all my buddy is choked big time bout this after payin that kinda money gezz:)

Well I will pull the carb out sometime an see wuts up runs an idles fine so like u said it just got to be my pilot jet I'm hopeing!! will it make it run lean even when runnin it cause it was still white I'm thinkin its a mix I may need a main for it too cause it was still red when I jumed off it to check while it was running hmmm!

Whats the temp around you? Some times that can play into it, since air density changes with temp.

For argument sake lets say it was jetted in 70* weather or in a heated shop and its below 0 outside thats a hell of a difference.

Ya I donno guys I hope it not an air leak intake looks great the rubber has no cracks at all but weird how I get it back an its doin this weird stuff think ur right cause it was a heated garage it came out of so who knows it was a performance atv shop that did the work so they probly did sert it for summer dummys I will call em on monday an ask em wuts up ya know before I go ahead but if I'm gona do the work I'm gona wait till spring cause pullin on rubber when its cold is not good an I don't want to break anything else lmao but it is a stock pilot in it that I know an I had a 160main in it when it went to the shop so who knows wut they did dam wish I had the tools to do my own top end an bottom cause its not to hard when u got the tools:)

Ya I donno guys I hope it not an air leak intake looks great the rubber has no cracks at all but weird how I get it back an its doin this weird stuff think ur right cause it was a heated garage it came out of so who knows it was a performance atv shop that did the work so they probly did sert it for summer dummys I will call em on monday an ask em wuts up ya know before I go ahead but if I'm gona do the work I'm gona wait till spring cause pullin on rubber when its cold is not good an I don't want to break anything else lmao but it is a stock pilot in it that I know an I had a 160main in it when it went to the shop so who knows wut they did dam wish I had the tools to do my own top end an bottom cause its not to hard when u got the tools:)

Dude thats one long ass sentence.......

My headpipe glows at idle. Not terrible but at night you can see it. The plugs light tan, runs good, so I just run it!

When you checked your plug did you check it after it was idling for a long time? Hows it run when your riding it thru the gears and rev range? 98 is right, when you go from summer temps to winter temps its gonna lean it out for sure. How far does the head pipe glow down?

Not a big deal IMO. I've had my stocker red up to the back of the first heat shield LOL. Maybe check the jetting to be certain. That's why I like to do my own work, can't trust anyone.

Ya I hear I perfer to do my own work an know its done right ya know but I just got my carb apart today an get this those assholes took out my 160main an there was a 155 lmao like y would u go down I paid good money for my 160 but my question ok I just ordered a 160 again lol an only 3.99$ good for sure but my pilot is a stocker so I see the stock one has the treads on the top of the pilot jet an a strait shaft that goes to a V now I went an ordered a 45 pilot jet now my question this 45 pilot has holes down the shaft but the stock one don't cause the shop guy said he donno no lol is there supost to be the holes cause its a 45 bigger I'm stumped or did I get the wrong one it is for mukini carb???

Well that's weird cause the stock pilot has no holes now this 45 I'm getting does have the holes is that cause it gona let a lot more threw I donno I will try it all I can do

Well I got my 45 pilot in an checked the intake its great oiled up the air filter really good put it all back an still seems like its lean gezz do I go to a 50pilot or something **** this bike is pissing me off just ready to say sell for sure hate bikes that do this

Its probly doin this cause its never been looked after lmfao bike is like wow where's all this power now lol

Back