Official Tire thread

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey i had they itp holeshot mx son my 98 got them for christmas they were amazing for about a week i couldnt slide the thing at all and i could pull wheelies in 5th gear but after a week of christmas vacation i rode everday for about 6 hours they were shot i was so pissed of that they wore out so fast except for the front they still got some niples! but i put the bald reaers to use and used them for pavement driftin i need new tires i ride trails lil bit of everything and race xc and gncc any suggestions

I have the Dunlop's off of a yfz, and they've been great for me, i would buy a set if you have the stock tires and am looking for a cheap fix, I was surprised the difference it made. For a cheap fix they work great, haven't ridden any other tire though other than the stock ones so i don't know how they compare, yet.

Kenda bear claws on the rear...Great traction, can bust them loose cornering...stretched new DID chain to the point it is now a 98 link!!!!
Carlisle badland fronts(holeshot copies)...good cornering but seem to wear fast.

Heh... I just picked up a set of Cheng Shin C828 Chevrons for nothing. Theyre 22x11x9, should be interesting on the Raptor rear.

Last time I used a set of these was on an old Blaster (like 10 years ago). They actually worked pretty damn good, that little bastard would practically climb a wall with those things on the back.

Soon as they show up, I'll mount'em and let ya know how they work....

Has anyone ever heard of BKT. I went to my local tire dealer to get one of my tires fixed, long story short is that the tire was shot and would cost more to make usable than if I just got a new tire so he want about finding me a good replacement. So he found these BKT AT-111 tires. I guess they are from Mumbai India. They are an exact replica of the razors! I guess this company stole the pattern and moded it a tad bit but they do look almost the exact same. And there 6-ply!!!! Anyone ever run these. I love them and for the price, 34.75 per front, yah cant beat it. Needless to say I went back and got another for the other side. I checked out there rears on-line at www.bkt-tires.com and I don't like the one rear pattern that they offer so in sticking with the Realitors for now.
P7030080.jpg

P7030081.jpg

P7030082.jpg

P7030083.jpg

P7030084.jpg

Heh, interesting.. All of their ATV tires are copies of Cheng Shin Tire & Rubber Company (Maxxis is a brand name of Cheng Shin). Its possible they cloned them, or more than likely, licensed the tire molds.

Ive got a set of rears not sure what they are.But tread looks kinda like the bat emblem hehe.They might be maxxis and I have yet to try them out in mud or slop.

What is the stock size rims on the warrior?What is the biggest tires we can run front and rear?thanks

my razrs have been great with douglas wheels.
had basic holeshots that were extremely worn on the banshee and still hooked up great
lookin into tryin the klaws next

I run razor2’s up front and razors in the rear. This combo aids in turning precision and allows the rear to spin on demand while still delivering predictable handling. I use to run all tracks in the rear; these were incredible for traction but lacked cornering precision. I still run them on muddy tracks though. I tried factory yfz tires and they were ok but I think the sidewalls were a little soft.

22x11.00-9 cheng shin shredders on the rear rear and 23x7.00-10 maxxis front-pro on the front and WOW best tire combo i've ever had
the shredders are the XT 6 ply tires instead of the XA 4 ply

next i'm planning on GBC rear r-rex 22x11.00-9
and GBC c920 ground pounders 23x7.00-10 up front

Ok i know you guys have mentioned them a few times but i haven't found a deffinit answer. I ride pretty much everything and im looking at GNCCs, HDs, Or any variation of the RAZRs. What would be the best tire for me? I need ground clearance and they have to be long lasting (wearing).

on my 2002 warrior i have kenda dominator fronts and gbc mud sharks on the back sittting on yamaha stock rims there a good combo for my trails which are packed dirt with roots and rocks and in the pit near my house which is all types it does good in all types of terrains and work almost like paddles in the loose sand really nice i really recommend the combo for trail and semi-often dirt pit riders i know in my sig it says itp holeshots hd's thats what im buying next along with douglas rims i just need 100 more bucks and to wait for these tires to wear out

I went with kenda Klaws in 22x11x9....thought about the 20's,but do a lot of muddy trail riding,and really wanted the extra little bit of clearance,as the warrior is pretty low,and gets hung up easily.

Really depends on the type of riding you do MOST....

Latest posts

Back