Not charging.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

Reaction score
Hello, since I was going to take the side over off anyways and put the wire grommet where it's supposed to be for the stator seeing how whoever did it didn't put it on right and it leaks oil...I decided to check for charging since I've had it I noticed the lights don't get brighter when you start it and the battery dies sometimes... I'm getting 12.30 volts with the lights on with it running so definitely not charging... I put a tester to all three of the white wires to test for ohms like the test procedure says.. I'm getting 0.9 across all 3... Is that too out of spec of the 0.7-0.8 range like it's supposed to be.. If it's not what is the procedure for testing the voltage regulator and what else could cause this problem.. It runs great no problems at all either.
Thank you for your time and help.
-John

EDIT: I also did notice that if I hold the tester on the wire for a second it does jump down to 0.8 so it seems to be in spec

Last edited:
Well bought a regulator and stator kit.. Looks like it was just the regulator.. Charges at 14.3 volts now.. Too bad I still have to take the cover off the fix the annoying oil leak.. I'll just keep the stator as a spare

Latest posts

Back