Noob!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, thats what i thought!

hate to bust your bubble, but those jets you ordered wont fit that carb. also i can confirm you stutter is a pilot jet or needle issue not a main jet issue.

welcome to the Mikuni VM38 world! :tup:

yep, thats what i thought!

hate to bust your bubble, but those jets you ordered wont fit that carb. also i can confirm you stutter is a pilot jet or needle issue not a main jet issue.

welcome to the Mikuni VM38 world! :tup:

Oh great lol. Said they were Mikuni equivalent, but either wayits probably not my main jet then?

The jets i ordered are round and the jet in the carb is hex. That the only difference? The new ones are the same height and threads are the same.

I have a grip of makuni hex mains and pilots to match correct me if I'm wrong Weston but the vm 38 uses a diff style of jet due to it being a 2stroke carb

I will make a needle adjustment and see if that works, not gonna mess mith the main jet.

the jet threads are in fact different, the sizing are measured different, and unless you want a headache, i wouldn't mess with swapping it to the round style vs the hex.

the hex is used because its about 1000xs easier to swap out through the 17mm plug in the bottom of the carb bowl.

the jet threads are in fact different, the sizing are measured different, and unless you want a headache, i wouldn't mess with swapping it to the round style vs the hex.

the hex is used because its about 1000xs easier to swap out through the 17mm plug in the bottom of the carb bowl.

Ok, yeah i see what you mean. I adjusted the needle to its richest and its deff running richer now. I will slowly move it leaner and i should know if it the pilot jet right? Im gonna do it in the morning, dont wanna piss off my neighbors.

The main jet it has in it now reads 12.......not sure if that helps at all?

i had a identical twin to your carb, i ported it and ended up with a 35 pilot in it but for your bike a 12 should be fine as long as you cna work that stutter out with the needle.

i had a identical twin to your carb, i ported it and ended up with a 35 pilot in it but for your bike a 12 should be fine as long as you cna work that stutter out with the needle.

I pulled the jet out of the middle, main jet right? and it read 12. The pilot jet is much smaller then the main jet and to one side right?

Ok i pulled the main jet and its a 210 and the pilot is 30

Alright, now those sizes sound about right lol play with the needle and see if you can clear out that stutter!

Adjusted my needle in every slot, still sputtering. Sputtering from idle to full throttle still. Checked for leaks, none. Cleaned carb and adjusted fuel/air screw on each needle slot. It doesnt run as hot now, but still sputters. I ordered a 27.5 pilot and a 32.5.

Back