No spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89warrior408

Reaction score
Hi, I'm about ready to pull my hair out, my 1987 warrior doesn't have spark, I've replaced the CDI, Stator, ignition coil, keyed ignition, cleaned all of the leads, made sure I was getting good ground, cleaned all the surfaces where it's suppose to ground out at. Please help. Thanks :)

Make sure that the kill switch is functioning properly. You did get the correct stator, right? There are several differences in the stators in the first 4-5 years. Flywheels are different, too.

I'm next to positive my stator is correct, I bought a 1987 caltric stator flywheel has been untouched, how do I test my kill Switch?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to switch two wires on the Caltric stator for it to work correctly on the first gen warriors? Something to look into, because I remember hearing about this issue.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to switch two wires on the Caltric stator for it to work correctly on the first gen warriors? Something to look into, because I remember hearing about this issue.
Yes, I remember this issue too.

Yeah there are two male connectors, one is green, the other is brown. On my harness there was a brown and a red if I remember correctly, I connected brown to brown and red to green. I will correct myself when I can get time later in the day

Latest posts

Back