No Juice

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
yeah im a newbie. never figured there would be a site dedicated to the wolverine. ne ways 04 wolverine has no power to the indicator lights. battery has replaced fuse is good and it fires right up when i pull start. just wondering if ne one had input on where the problem could be before i dig off in it and no im nat an atv virgin. input and advice would be awesome.....

the electric start had a short in it before this happened and i will be replacing it but i dont have ne power to my neutral light when the key is turned on.

All of the dash indicators are "hot", they dont turn on by being grounded negatively like the rest of the electrical system, they turn on by being grounded positively. My guess is that when the system shorted if probably fried something there, too. I'd pull the front plastic and dashpanel off, and start tracing back from the indicator lamps, I believe they all have a brown wire in common. Easiest thing, start with a test light, and trace them back. Is there anything installed on the bike that would've drawn excess power through the wiring harness, like additional lighting without using a relay? Good luck man.
Oh, do you know where the short is/ was yet, have you tried splicing in a jumper wire past the short? I had a short that occurred on my 04, at first I though it was the rectifier, I saw a wiff of smoke coming out of the plastic panel beside it. Once I pulled the rear plastic off, and started wiggling the wiring harness along the frame, I saw it short and arc out where the harness started to go up the frame to the fuel tank, just past the rectifier. It had rubbed itself through the protective tape and shorted against the frame. Taped up the individual wires, taped up the harness, then wrapped it all with some wire loom like the factory should have. Hope everything works out for you!

Yep, I think brown is the common wire...and the "hot" side of the lights. I beleive that's where I tapped in to power my heated grips.

Check your neutral bulb as well. When I picked up my machine (used) the bulb was burned out.

thnx for the info my bro had the same prob on his kodiak and it ended up being his start button was corrodied so ill start with that and keep u posted. it sucks but ive been too busy to reply or even tinker with my wolvy.

well i feel stupid. i had two spare batteries that i tried with no luck and what do ya know they were both bad as well even after being charged overnight. come to find out all i needed was a new batter now shes running like a champ.

Latest posts

Back