night riding

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rap

Reaction score
im going night riding with my dad and his freinds saturday do you guy s have any tips or any advice

Use your lights ;)

I remember my first nigth ride, it was in a place i've never been before, with people I met that same day, and to add onto that they were chased by coyotes the weekend before, and on top of that the place is like 70thousand acres wide, and to add on to that, its a hunting site.

Trust me, you're gonna have fun, but im sure youre taking a **** since its somethign different ;)

If you have goggles with a tinted lense either don't wear the goggles or try to get a clear lense for them.

I love night riding. The trail tech MR16s are bright as ****. I can ride in the middle of 2 other quads and they don't needs lights at all :D

Be safe. have fun...thats about all I can think of..

Some of the best times I've had riding have been at night. It's definitely different when you jump but can't see where you're landing. My bro and I have rode with people who had no lights on dirtbikes before and they'd stay between us the whole time. Rappys have great lights so they could probably see better than us simply because they could see where they were landing part of the time. Have fun and be careful. If you wonder if you're going to fast...you probably are. It's better to slow down and be able to ride the next day than to push it too far. Pelphrey is right, get some clear lens or better yet yellow ones. Just be sure to wear the yellow ones some before relying on them to make sure you like em.

Let us know how you like it.

use lights, and dont just watch the trail, be sure of your surroundings, trees can jump at you from the side, if your going to fast, dont panic and jam on the breaks just ease off a little

Night riding is so much fun. You just have to go a little slower because its a lot harder to see (or at least with stock warrior lights it was). But just be safe and you'll have a lot of fun.

Use your lights ;)

I remember my first nigth ride, it was in a place i've never been before, with people I met that same day, and to add onto that they were chased by coyotes the weekend before, and on top of that the place is like 70thousand acres wide, and to add on to that, its a hunting site.

Trust me, you're gonna have fun, but im sure youre taking a **** since its somethign different ;)

what kind of coyotes do u have that chase quads :eek:??!! hhahah coyotes around here are huge! and they all are bitches unless rabid

keep an eye out for small obstacles. anything you don't see, and hit becasue your vision will be impaired, might cause you to panic...stay calm and keep a good grip on the bars.

otherwise have fun and be careful.

def. a cool experience thou. there is nothing like it.

Yeah, just take it easy if you don't know the area. We had a girl go head first into a ditch a few months ago.

Nice thing about night is that the lights tend to highlight that big assed bump that otherwise would blend in to the surrounding dirt.

But, that is also a downside, because the tend to make small ruts, and jumps look bigger than they are.

Ride to every illegal place you can think of while the DNR are away, including the utility trails such as the ones along powerlines!!! :eek: ::) ;D

I kinda like that tunnel vision ya get flyen down tight, tree surrounded trails at night.

Only places I get to ride are DNR ownwed. Damn Township gave them all the coal country around here.

There signs are kinda like trail markers now.

There so many ,when your in undisovered territory you can kinda tweakem to point the way home riden back out..........

wellk I dont night right much considering lights dont wor too well when they are straight in the air, but people do know how to find me, look for the beacon, cause I am at 12 o clock....Mike

Last time I went night riding I was passenger, and we played tag with the other quads. I couldn't stop laughing.

The way we play tag is to jiust chase each other around and who ever is "it" trys to corner someone and then tag them.

[quote:7vve8xkk]fun^^

fixed!

Me and my bro hit each other quite often playing around. Keep your helmet and boots on and it is a lot of fun![/quote:7vve8xkk]
I broke a tie-rod like thatm Damn tree thought he was better then me ::)

He won.....

Back