night ride with 8000 hids

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are bright, seemed like they were pointed a little low but that could have just been the camera view. I kept looking for eyes while you were riding. lol So is that blue neon or led lights? looks good, where did you mount them?

yeah the headlights are a little low. the red led is the tail/brake light and the blue are led stripes for car headlights kinda like the new audis. i mounted the blue lights to the bottom of the rear plastics. they are mounted with doublesided 3m tape.

thast how i blew most the ligths on my snowmobile, those led strips, ripped off and shorted out blew three bulbs headligths and tailights

i have not had a problem with the led stripes. but i also put a fuse in on mine.its all in how you install them. they come waterproof, you just have to wire it the right way. plus the 3m tape i use is very strong. the tape that comes on the light stripes suck, you have to change it out with stronger stuff.

hey elwood i didnt see any eyes but theres a rabbit darting off the trail at around 4 minutes, bottom left corner of the screen. i didnt see it when i was riding but i just watched the video on my tv and spotted it. lol

well there waterproof untill they rip the wires out o fthe ligth strip exposing to wires to short everything out

where i have them mounted there is no way the wires will get ripped out. sticks and stuff cant reach the wiring or the stripes. every thing is straped down nice and tight to the frame. thanks for the advice tho.

Capture.png

rabbit ... i was bored

yes they are a lot brighter than stock. the video dims the light a little. i can see a lot further than the video shows. great upgrade for the price.

plus if you ride in a public area with other riders at night, they can see you coming at longer distances which i think is a good safty feature. the glow in the woods is awesome.

they are very easy to install. the only mod you have to do is make a clip to hold the bulbs in the housings because your stock wiring is what holds the stock bulbs in the housings. with the hids you remove stock wiring harness for the lights and simply plug in the hids. im gonna write up a thread today for anyone thats interested in this mod. once you go hids you will never want to go back to stock bulbs. really the hardest part is waiting for the hids to get shipped to you.lol

lol guys, its not alot of work. if you can change a bulb you can install hids. you remove you housings and hood. when you disconnect the headlight wiring under the hood you completlly remove the stock pigtails for the stock lights(dont need them). mount your ballast under your hood on the flat fender plastic with 3m tape. put your bulbs in your housings, a flat white washer comes with the hids on the plastic case they come in. you cut it down so it holds the bulb in(almost like a c clip).cut it big enought so it will be tight when it goes in.once thats done, put your hood on,plug your wires in and mount the housings. very simple. ive been busy tryin to find a job and have not got around to doing a real install with pics yet. ill try tomorrow. but if you want bright lights get hids. xenon bulbs are way better that halogen. last a lot longer and only uses 35 watts of power with 3 times the light out put.

Back