Newbie mistake?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a new 07 450 with stock rims, now I'm having a problem with my tires, 3 outta the 4 have slow leaks and have been to the shop 3 times! I said the hell with this and I Slimed two of the tires and I pumped the PSI to 12 (all tires are at 12 PSI) did I do the right thing? I went riding today and soo far no leaks or anything and my Wolverine seemed to handle better. is this dangerous?

Again, same problem with my 06 my stock tires are crappy hope to get some swamplites or something in a 6 ply soon. I have put holes in 3 of my tires 2 are plugged and one had to be replaced with in the past 3 months. I have since been putting 10-12 lbs in my tires for the past month and no problems as of yet. I believe the extra air keeps my sidewalls (where all the leaks/holes have been)

You probably should run more than 8 psi in the tires. Most of these tires are designed to run 5 psi or so all around. When you over inflate them, you'll notice a difference in handling and you may get premature tire wear. Take a look at the sidewall and see what is says regarding max inflation.

I run 3psi in mine at all times, and have over 200 miles of rough arkansas travel on them and have not had a flat yet.

i run 4 pounds in the front and 4.5 in the back.....any more than that it handles like a bag of crap.....

and i run 26 inch zillas.... the stocks were way to soft i tore a hole the size of a baseball in mine 200 km from new.....

i will use the fronts with my sand paddles, to me that is all there good for.....

Funny yall are having problems with the stock tires. I have 1200 miles on mine before I switdhed to the mudlites and no flats or slow leaks at all. I go through some pretty heavy brush at at times.

sinned96 said:
Funny yall are having problems with the stock tires. I have 1200 miles on mine before I switdhed to the mudlites and no flats or slow leaks at all. I go through some pretty heavy brush at at times.

allot of it is the terrain you ride in....but a 4 ply tire is not all that great in my opinion.....no comparison to a set of good tires...

Back