new wolverine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolverine*75

Reaction score
Hi, im a new member and i would just like to let you know that i think its great that we have a website devoted to our wolverines. But i also wanted to say that myself and a lot of your other members have the new wolverine,and i would appreciate if you would give us tech tips,info,etc., instead of just bashing it all the time. Apparently you havent ridden one,im sure that your 02 is a fine machine,but yamaha isnt going to start making it again.Thanks.

I hate to say it, but you have a valid point. We find it easy to bash a machine we don't own as we don't like it for this reason or that reason.

Many riders would like to have a manual shift wolverine but they also want a brand new machine - thus, you have to buy what's on the market. At least you ended up with a wolverine still.

You'll have to forgive us as those of us that are seriously modded know the world of the "old school" wolverines and don't know much about the newer ones.

Maybe we can all keep our eyes and ears open on other boards on mod tips and tricks for both old and new models and get them onto this board - better yet, recruit the member that wrote the mod tip or trick to come on over.

I have not seen any real bashing on this site at all. There were a few discussions about why people didnt like the automatic version of the wolverine. But there is always something that someone will not like about a particular machine. I know I love my 450 but I wish it had about another 75 cc of engine.

Maybe the word "bash" isn't the right one for this case. What I meant was that we can all "pick on" another machine because we don't like this or that - not to say that we are really picking on it, but we aren't talking it up and reading everything we possibly can about it as it isn't the mahine we ride. Maybe that's more fitting for this case.

First thing first, welcome to the forum wolverine*75.

I must say that for your first post you didn't go easy :shock:. You are right, I never had the chance to ride a 450. The only time that I gave my opinion on the 450 is in an article called "Wolverine 450 dissection" that I did back in 2005. While I gave my opinion in that article I hardly call it 'Bashing'. I never said the 450 was a bad Atv, I just said that it wasn't what I was hoping for ;).

Here is a suggestion: If anyone wants to write a full and unbiased review of the 450 or a comparison of the 350 vs 450 with pictures and everything, I'll be more than pleased to put it on WoodWarrior. So anyone is up to the task?

I'm hardly a journalist, and I haven't owned my 450 long enough to give an in depth review. However I will say what I think about it.
-It's not a sport-utility, it's a sporty utility
-I can already tell that this machine was built to last
-The lack of front lockers IS a disappointment, but the 450 won't let you down, it's still VERY capable
-It doesn't overheat
-It's very nimble for its size, but it will take you for a ride if you don't pay attention
-More top end would be nice, but as soon as you hit the real trails you forget all about it
-Lack of fuel gauge blows, how hard would it have been for Yamadog to include that?
-Thank god it's not chain driven( that's just my personal preference)
-I think it's a mean lookin wheeler
-Suspension will pound your testes into submission on hard ground, but it does a good job handling the quad
-Rear brake pads were designed by retards who like squeaky noises
-The CVT transmission is a pleasant surprise, you really have to submerge that sucker to get it to slip, and it distributes power smoothly and responsively
-Engine braking is phenominal
-You can wrap 30 ft of barb wire around the rear axle, drive 2 miles, cut all of it off and the only thing damaged is the tires
- The Maxxis 23's are small, but they are great tires, and can hold up against barbwire rubbing the sidewall...
long story

Anyways, that's all I got right now, the 450 is a great all around wheeler, it's a little rough out here in the desert, but it's been monsoon season for the last month, and I haven't seen any blasters or raptors out there with me in the storms. As soon as the first flood hit, I gave myself a big pat on the back for picking the wolvy 450.

My only real gripe with the revised version is not having racks. The original Wolverine had a 10 year run so thats just tells you how good it is. Yamaha not only managed to make a stylish but gave the 350 a utility feature which makes it great. I think a nice custom aluminum rack system would be great for the new 450 but form what I've seen the fun factor has not changed in either model. It had to grow up one day but one thing I can say you will always distinguish the original Wolverine in the pack, I'm just a Yamaha fan through and through. It's a Wolverine thats what matters.

I LOVE MY OLD WOLVERINES, I JUST BOUGHT THE 07 AND CAN'T SAY GOOD OR BAD YET. I DON'T THINK IT WILL BE MY FAVORITE, BUT I THINK MY WIFE WILL LOVE IT.

I loved riding my 97, right now i have to figure out whats wrong with it... but i drove my friends 450 and it was also a blast. both great machines

yeah i had to have racks, so i built my rear rack, and am fixing to build a new front bumper.... had to build new floorboards, the plastic ones bit it quick

Latest posts

Back