New toy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswwarrior350

Reaction score
I picked up a 1988 suzuki katana 600 today. It has a full yoshimura system (4 into 1), and some other little upgrades. Its far from perferct but for the price i payed im more than happy. It needs a new sprocket and chain and some front brake work. Other than that for the year and etc. its in good shape. Give me a few days and ill get some pics up maybe. Before long at my rate of customization this thing will be tits.

Is this your first bike??? If so you'll be more than happy with it. If you've ridden sportbikes before you may be a little disappointed. They're faster than your typical motorcycle and handle better, but compared to a modern sportbike (or even another sportbike of the same year) they're pretty far behind. They're not as fast as the others and don't handle as well. Honestly it's kind of like a Warrior. At first you'll love it, but once you learn how to ride pretty decent, you're going to want more. I hope I don't offend you because I'm not trying to bash your bike or anything like that, just saying that you're going to eventually want more. Congrats on the purchase, nothing beats being on the roads on two wheels ;)

Don't feel bad, I have the 115mph "skin on tar" t-shirt ::)

a guy i know went out through the trees at 120 with shorts t-shirt and flipflops on.. We call him are village idiot now :)

So I'm guessing he made it??? Flip-flops, you've got to be kidding me....lol.

Yeah he made it he had no meat left on his feet it. It was all worn off to the bone but he didnt break any bones just hurt his feet, and almost lost his hardy boys on a tree limb

lets see some pics of this bad boy. I prefer taking to the asphalt on my harley though

Is this your first bike??? If so you'll be more than happy with it. If you've ridden sportbikes before you may be a little disappointed. They're faster than your typical motorcycle and handle better, but compared to a modern sportbike (or even another sportbike of the same year) they're pretty far behind. They're not as fast as the others and don't handle as well. Honestly it's kind of like a Warrior. At first you'll love it, but once you learn how to ride pretty decent, you're going to want more. I hope I don't offend you because I'm not trying to bash your bike or anything like that, just saying that you're going to eventually want more. Congrats on the purchase, nothing beats being on the roads on two wheels ;)

Yepp first bike..i was going to get a newer bike but then id have to put it on payments and have full coverage insurance on it and etc. I paid cash for this one and put it on liability. Trust me its alot of bike for me starting out... its got some work done to it.... maybe internal but im not sure. The exhaust is one thing as i dove deeper in I found a set of 4 vance and hines clamp on filters on the carbs. It does need a little jetting work im assuming. It doesnt want to idle too well. Like when i first start it it idles up fine. Right at about 1500. But once it warms up its goes to about 3000. Im thinking either pilot jets (fuel screw possibly) Or maybe i have an air leak. Any suggestions? The one carb boot isnt exactly perfect. its a little dried out. Those vance and hines filters are also extremely dirty so ill clean them up prior to adjusting anything. Im also getting a little carbon out of the exhaust at high rpms... most likely cause of the dirty filters... if not ill try the next size smaller main jets.

In that case you got a perfect first bike. Not overwhelming like some others, but fast enough to scare you...lol. About the jetting, you have to remember you're sporting an inline-four now. Jetting is a real bitch. I've done it once and would never do it again. Do yourself a favor, find a good shop, and let them go over your jetting. Of course clean the filters first, check the plugs, etc. Then if you're still having issues, take it to a shop. Get some pics of it....

Latest posts

Back