new top end kits

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A_Bombs

Reaction score
been looking around and was wondering if i should stay std bore or bore mine over? And also what company i should go with ive been looking into wiseco and namura. anyother ones i should loook into?

I installed an entire top end on my Warrior off of Ebay for $200 shipped. Just got new rings, and gaskets. No smoke at all. I didn't want to wait to bore mine out. If you have the time, and money it's around the same price to bore it out. I've heard mixed reviews about Namura. JE and Wiseco are the common ones, that everyone use. I have my old top end in a box, and am boring it out over the winter with a 366cc kit. I believe 85mm is the max a stock sleeve can hold.

I have put Namura pistons in 3 warriors in the last year (including mine). here are my thoughts on them.

they are cast pistons unlike JE and Wiseco, which are forged. now before you cringe, what do you think the stock piston is...cast. I havent heard really anyone actually breaking a stock piston, just from failure, not with other failure, like dropping a valve or something.

Now the 3 warriors i put these in, are for riding, we are not trying to get more power out of them, just want to run 87 octane gas and be reliable and run as good as stock, which all 3 do.

Now coming from my old build engines (yes had 3 give out on me) each pistons has its place. If you want more power by higher compression, go with a wiseco or JE, but if you just need a top end rebuild, because its smoking and burning oil, like Pete7072, i would probably trust a kit off ebay. I have put the so called best parts in my old engines, and couldn't get 4 years out of them. so i rebuilt a stock one and couldnt be happier.

sorry for the rambling, this is what i have collected after rebuilding a 5 warrior engines just in the past few years. with my Namura pistons, the top end is a lot quieter, without the famous ticking top end, which after i went to school for this, found out cast pistons tend to run quieter.

so it boils down to what you want to do with your engine.

alright thanks man and whayt do you think about the bore thing? should i just leave it std bore or go bigger?

If you can stay standard do it i think after my 446 im gonna tear down the stocker for a fresh up valve seals and maybe a namura piston, the bw might need it too

Namura are good pistons but not if you run it at 8k rpm or race it they bump the comp a bit from stock but are not built to race they wont hold

like beastly said, if your cylinder is good and round and does not have any scratches in it, I'd say stock bore. It's almost impossible to beat the reliability of a stock warrior engine, the other warriors i rebuilt were a 95 and 96 and they had never been opened before and thats what made me give it trying to build one up.

thanks deadlast, I am always lingering around here, most of the time I don't sign on or say much, but I look around pretty often.

Back