New to me Warrior Build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't let him fool ya, lbjamm didn't want to go outside because it is cold, it is because he's scared of the Colorado Boogey Man. Lmao Just kidding, I just came in from outside and I wasn't heading back out to look either.

lmao. He is pretty scary.

dude if i were you id get the clymer manual for the year warrior, i did and you it will show all years wiring and give you all specs and more it great..

dude if i were you id get the clymer manual for the year warrior, i did and you it will show all years wiring and give you all specs and more it great..

Yeah I planned on it, I was just needing some answers urgently because I'm trying to get it finished by this weekend.

I need your guys help!

Still tracing the electrical gremlins and I can't get it to start from the button. I've tried most solutions in the clymer but can't get it to turn. It will turn over and start if you jump the relay. The nuetral light is on. any ideas?

you turn the key on and the switch and get neutrel light but when hitting the start button nothing happen? if so maybe you need to take apart the start button and clean the inside of it, mine was worn inside and i had to clean it and bend the tabs inside to get it to contact on both of my warriors!! Or sounds like your relay is bad, ive replaced mine too.

you turn the key on and the switch and get neutrel light but when hitting the start button nothing happen? if so maybe you need to take apart the start button and clean the inside of it, mine was worn inside and i had to clean it and bend the tabs inside to get it to contact on both of my warriors!! Or sounds like your relay is bad, ive replaced mine too.

Which relay? One of the two on the frame or the starter solenoid? The starter solenoid is a brand new yamaha peice. I took apart the switch and it's not that dirty?

I dont have my book on me to tell you but you should have one for the neutrel one for the reverse and one for the starter but yours is newer so probly only has two i think! Gonna have to look at the book to be sure wich is wich..

they are colored and i think you have to use the right one cuz i think the other cant handle the voltage.

well if you can jumper wire across the round body starter solinoid and it will start then your starter relay is probly bad, can you put your finger ontop of both relays and hit the start button you should feel one click inside if not the starter relay is bad.. i looked in the book real quick but couldnt find out wich one is wich but one is for the starter and one is for the reverse..if your reverse light works you can unplug one and put the bike in reverse and see if the light comes on, if it does then try the other one, one will cause the reverse light to stay off and that would be the reverse relay then youll know wich is wich!!

well if you can jumper wire across the round body starter solinoid and it will start then your starter relay is probly bad, can you put your finger ontop of both relays and hit the start button you should feel one click inside if not the starter relay is bad.. i looked in the book real quick but couldnt find out wich one is wich but one is for the starter and one is for the reverse..if your reverse light works you can unplug one and put the bike in reverse and see if the light comes on, if it does then try the other one, one will cause the reverse light to stay off and that would be the reverse relay then youll know wich is wich!!

I ordered both relays just to have a spare for the other. I really hope this is what it is. It starts just fine with a jumper so there isn't much else it could be besides the cdi box.

Long awaited update lol.....

Turns out all my problems were with the cdi box. I ended up replacing every part of the electrical on this.

Other parts upgraded/replaced:

Fabricated intake box with k&n filter
Oil Change and filter
8" LED Light bar
Rpm Rear grab bar
American Star Tie Rods
All balls Wheel Bearings

Latest posts

Back