new tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you do the same kind of riding as I do. I'm going for HDs ...eventually! lol

lol...not the top on my list of favorite places. Actually not on the list of places that I'll ride. I've been there, but their owner went on a rant on his forums about quads. Among other things he said they were going to start charging quads twice as much as bikes...lol. He has since erased the thread, but a lot of us will not go back because of it. He also told a friend of mine (that rides a bike) that he didn't care if another quad ever came back to his place. He claims that ATVs only make up 25% of his business but when I was there, I never seen a bike without seeing four or five quads for every bike. Here is part of his actual post:

"atv riders-- anyone caught on a bike trail (blue or black) will be evicted imediately no questions the atvs have destroyed the atv trails and made every opening a hog waller we will not repair anymore atv trails it is not profitable to rebuild trails and in one week they are destroyed again we will let them make hog wallers out of what is rideable with no more maintaince we will maintain the swamp loop for all to ride and we will add new atv trails for adventure guided rides only
this way we can control the destruction

7. atvs will have alotted times on the big mx track it will be atv only on the track no bikes mixed with atvs

times will be 10:00-10:30 12:30-1:00 3:00-3:30
this is to controll the damage

all other times will be bikes only no exceptions

NOTE: 90% of the evictions in the last 45 days has been
atvs breaking rules & attitudes.......
90% of the trash on the trails is from atvs
80% of the trail maintaince is spent on atv trails
we can no longer keep up
atvs are throwing most of the dirt over the berms
on the mx tracks it can not be recovered and has
to be hauled in full time job

80% of my equipment wear and tear and labor is from repairing trails from atv damage

we have bike trails 3 yrs old and still ride them"

He failed to mention that bikes also ride the quad trails and a lot of bikes don't ride the bike trails much at all.

On another note, I could ride the atv trails there in a couple of hours easy when I went. That means there were nowhere near the 60 miles of atv trails that they claimed. I was actually looking for the rest of the trails...lol. Someone else brought this up to them and was made unwelcome...lol.

There is a new atv park about 30 minutes from Durhamclowns that is called Broad River ATV. AWESOME! They have just gotten their first mx track ready and I hear it still needs work but the owner is great! They have cabins that are super nice as well and cook out a lot. You can get all-you-can-eat lunch for $6 or a coke and candy bar for a buck or so. The first time I was there, the owner of Durhamclown showed up and told John (Broad River's owner) that if he was going to cater to ATVs he might as well close down then. What a jerk! Broad River claimed to have "over 50 miles of trails" then and I believe it! They have added a lot since then and also have a pressure washer and shower house free of charge. Can't beat free! There were over 150 people there this past weekend and it was raining. I'm going down in April (should be healed up good by then) but they are open year round. The only technical part of the trails is the mud, which they have tons of. The other place doesn't have any technical hills or anything either though. If you ever come up, let me know and I'll try to meet up with you. Go to that other place for a day and then come up to Broad River and compare em. I'd suggest getting a cabin at Broad River though, I've seen the competition's and it is lacking severely.

dz, you ride at the holylands, mud tires are the best for you, dirt devils and mudsharks are your best bet, the only trail that the holylands have is that small opening to the construction area.

I love the dirt devils i got on my warrior. they find grip where ever you feel like going. they are perfect for mud,trails and low traction situations.

I just recieved my mudlites. Unfortunately I got 25x10x12's. Not even close to what I ordered. Hopefully the real ones will be here soon

Back