New ride quick question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozpall

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I picked up a 96 350, runs good, some bogging so decided to clean the carb, while cleaning I noticed the jet in it is a 130, the owner game me like 5 other jets, is this the right one to be running? The quad seems stock maybe exhaust? The exhaust looks pretty rusted so not sure if stock or aftermarket.
Any info please?
Thx.

Does it bogg right off idle then run good at high rpm or does it bogg once it reaches high rpm? the stock jet would be a 143.3(stamped on it) A dyno-jet kit comes with the following main jets, 144,150,155,160. So who knows what a 130 is, could be a different brand of course. Do the extra jets that you have match any of the dyno #s above? As far as your exhaust goes the stock one looks like this:

$(KGrHqN,!rMFJDO48sfGBSSz16CT4Q~~60_35.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, yes I have some 140 n 150,
I haven't really drive the quad much, I got it a couple of weeks ago and all I've been doing is plowing with it, I most and fastest I drove it last week when I changed the plug and took it for a drive in front of my house but all i got it to was prob to 3rd gear, it did bogged down a little so i re-gapped the plug and was doing fine, idles fine too.
About the exhaust that is def not what I got so I guess is a rusted aftermarket pipe but why go smaller in jet thou? I guess I'll put the 140 and see what she does, right?
Thanks again.

The only reason you would really go down from stock jet size is if you live at a very high altitude where the air is thinner( like over 5000ft above sea level)

The only reason you would really go down from stock jet size is if you live at a very high altitude where the air is thinner( like over 5000ft above sea level)

That's what I figured. I have jets 140.5. 142.5 150.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back