New quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definately get the z400! It will take you a while to grow out of the Z and you may never grow out of it at all. A MOdded Z400 is pretty damn quick and it also has reverse like the Rappy350 but much more powerful. Its the best in the 400 Class!!!! ~Raskal

The Z seems like it's so much bigger then the rappy though. I've driven my friends once and it was pretty fun but when ever I pushed the throttle a little it would feel like the front lifted up a bit. I don't know though, there's so many choices to choose from. What about the DVX400? Is that any good?

The Z seems like it's so much bigger then the rappy though. I've driven my friends once and it was pretty fun but when ever I pushed the throttle a little it would feel like the front lifted up a bit. I don't know though, there's so many choices to choose from. What about the DVX400? Is that any good?

The DVX, KFX, and Z are the same bikes. There is less difference in them than there is in the warrior and raptor 350.

I would take the z, kfx, or dvx over the 400ex.

Yeah, I was just looking at the DVX and then I was looking for afetrmarket parts for it but I can't reall find any for it. I'm starting to think I wanna go with the rappy or maybe a KFx but it's a tough decision and I wanna make sure that I make the right one.

Well that descision is the one only you can make. Your best bet is to look around, and see if you can test drive both. preferably ones that are stock, and ones that have some work done, so you can get a feel for them modded also. I know that not a lot of people can do that, but other then riding both machines back to back, you won't be able to get a solid feel for how they compare to each other.
If you can ride both regardless of mods, I would do so, Just to see how the mannerism's of each bike is, see how they turn, if it's tippy, wheely it a little (if the owner doesn't mind), see if there's anything off camber to ride on see how it likes to side hill, stuff like that.
~Bill

Not to many dealerships let you do that unless you're older for insurance reasons or something, but I'll have to loook around for dealers that will let me.

I know you guys can, both you and your brother own yamahas and would be able to help me with stuff on it. My next problem though is going to be riding areas. I have my camp in the Adirondaks but I might not have the quad before the end of summer and start of school. My grandpa has truck but I don't have a ramp so I'll probably just build one or something. But again, my riding area is being chopped down and the property was just sold to and the new owner is a dickhead. I was riding my mountain bike back there and he threatened me with a gun. So I'm gonna have to find new areas in New York that are within an hours drive.

if u like maintaince the yfz 450 is best in my opinion but depends i got my raptor and was like dam i want faster so depends on the type of riding

I do a lot of trail riding so I don't really need a lot of speed but I do want a lot of acceleration and some speed so i can keep up with other people easily but no, I don't really need a lot of speed.

I;m not a big kid either, I only weigh 135 and I'm 5'6" so I'm kinda tall and skinny so the yfz would probably be a little too much for me right now. And I plan on modding my quad so it'll get more power.

I'm getting a new quad in a couple of months and need your opinions on what I should get. I'm getting a new quad right from the dealer though to and money isn't going to be an issue. I weigh a whopping 133 pounds and I'm 5'6'. I've been looking at the Raptor 350,Z400 or a 400ex. I still have a couple of months before I get but i wanna know what quad would fit me well and is easy to work on to and find parts for. Thanks
get a z400.... the power gets old fast on the rappy and ex

I love my z, im 15, and i have nieghbors with z400's who are like over 30 and like their z's, so this is definetly a bike that is hard to get old on!!!

Back