new quad for my son

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we decided on a grizzly. He is putting money back and I am matching him dollar for dollar. But, I did ride my neighbors new(to him) 2008 polaris 330 trail boss he got for his wife. Now obviously it isn't a speed demon or impressive taking off, but what a smooth ride. I took it out in the snow and had as much fun slinging it around as I do on my warrior. In the snow it is a blast, but if it were dry or summer you couldn't pay me to take that thing out riding. Long story short I guess autos have their place, in the snow, other than that I don't think I would ever want to ride one.

Screw that. Manual all the way. If you need auto. 1 word wolverine period. End of story.

Which Grizzly? I hate full auto quads. Love a semi-auto :D. I had a 330 Trailboss in the shop a few weeks ago, actually. Woman bought it from the original owner, rode it once, and swore it was running hot. Just another crazy lady that knew nothing about quads. Anyway, it had no issues, I rode it around the shop as hard as I could. You want to talk about a high centered, underpowered, totally gutless, pile of crap! It wouldn't even pull a car into the shop! Only tried that so I could get it to run hot.

A grizzly 450 or big bear 350, depends on price and condition mostly. I am hoping to find one that is an auto clutch, but the kid wants a full on auto. The other neighbor has a polaris 400 2 stroke 4x4 full auto and that damn thing is quick for what it is. It yanks the front wheels and rides nice wheelies Yep, I am no fan of full autos, I was merely saying that in snow that 330 was a blast. I took it out on a cleared off road and it was less then impressive. But in about 3 inches of snow it slid around well and handled good. Had it dead sideways most of the time and it seemed very stable. I wouldn't even think of riding one in normal conditions, just too slow and no bottom end grunt. It will make a nice ride for my friends wife though.

Yeah man, can't go wrong with those two machines! Who knows, may stumble across a Wolverine.

Latest posts

Back