New Ohio rider with a sad story to start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougarse

Reaction score
After lurking here for a month I thought it time to join and start being part of yfm350.com . Yesterday when I joined I was all excited to talk to the many Ohio riders and find out who to ride with where. Today after some weather advisories and tornado warnings my story became a sad one.

After working massive overtime all summer long I thought I would treat myself to an atv after my brother got me interested in riding again with his Blaster. I first bought a 95 Warrior that needed lots of work, one broken ball joint and a small no start problem. One used lower control arm and a used coil, both from eBay and I was on my way. After riding with my brother a couple of times I decided I wanted another so my girlfriend wouldn't be left behind, she is into trail riding but with a horse. Enter Warrior number 2, a 93 with a bad starter. After dragging it home I found it to have a front suspension with four bad ball joints and four bad tie rod ends and the bad starter turned into a bad starter clutch. But with a quick tug from another bike and it would fire and run like a champ.

Enter Warrior number 3, the parts bike. A complete $200 Warrior that had been heavily hillbillyized, but the front suspension was good. So in the past two weeks I have been slowly cleaning and preparing to make the 2nd and 3rd Warriors into one.

Until I came home to this.

downsized951026101240.jpg

IMG00206-20101026-1706.jpg

The whiteish one is Warrior 1 and it runs great, has maxxis tires and a supertrap and some engine work supposedly. Warrior 3 is on its end after being stripped and cleaned. Warrior 2 there is dead, under a tree, bent to ****. The frame is bent down past the carb and after cutting the tree off it leans to the right. The girlfriend is unhappy for sure. So as you can see I have a good frame in one piece and Warrior 1 is unscathed even though it looks like it wouldn't be.

So Yeah!! Anywho sorry about the short story, I'm from southeastern Ohio Vinton/Hocking area, I Have lots of places to ride local to me and live very close to Wayne National.

Last edited:
damn, sorry to hear this man. on the other hand it just switched the order for you. instead of making #2 with help of #3 you can make #3 with #2. looks like you'll be in the same spot after.

anyway, welcome to the boards.

wow sorry for the bad news. welcome to the forum. i have some extra parts i have for sale. let me know if u need anything and ill check if i have it. i have extra suspension parts. 87 a arms, 97 swingarm, extra front and rear wheels ect. i live it northern ohio, up by ashland. actually this weekend ill be down at ironton to go riding! should be fun

HOLY CRAP dude. I'm in Ohio as well and knew the weather was bad today. That really sucks ass! u have no room in a garage for them? Least it looks like you still have two quads. I have some parts i can give yah if you need any of them. WOW. Any close-up pics of the tree on the quad?

No garage unfortunately, I should be able to build one from what parts I have but if not I'll be hitting you guys up!

The guy I bought the white one off of said it had done some racing in it life. It had an odd ball shock on the back but it was dead, a supertrapp, and he said he thought it had been bored out to a 380? I've not seen anyone talk about a overbore of that size. I will say one thing, this white one is a hell of a lot faster than the red one was. Racing my brothers hopped up Blaster the red one can't beat it but with the white one I hand him his ass by ten bike lengths on our little section of road. It runs really really well but it does smoke a bit upon start up and leaks oil out of the valve covers.

Last edited:
cool man sounds like a plan. my motor is almost done gettin bore to a 370. the piston is a 85mm bore. next size up from that is the 400 stroker which replaces the crank and rod. that white and blue one is a good lookin warrior

Sorry to hear about that, at least you have the parts to get it going, and cut that tree down the rest of the way

Back