New member with electrical nightmares!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look on the engine case! does it say 1UY anywhere on it? then it is a first gen engine!

your going to need this
harness.png

look on the engine case! does it say 1UY anywhere on it? then it is a first gen engine!

UH... on the top of the left hand case it is stamped 1uy00. Is this a first gen engine then? Theres no recoil on this engine.

get a 99 stator. all the engines were the same throughout the years so it wont be a problem.

kk you have a photobucket account yet ? if not get one.... if you have a smart phone of any kind you get the app for photobucket and post img codes here i need to see pics of this wiring

Okie Dokie..
DSC00513_zpsb1a94cd3.jpg

^ these are the wires that are coming out of the stator currently on the bike. They was hard wired in I cut them to test ohms.
DSC00516_zps8a5c2c6a.jpg

^ This is the charging system wires this connector was wired into the stator that currently is on the bike. It does plug into the harness on the bike. 96-01 style?
DSC00510_zps66c36c28.jpg

^these are the wires the stator connects to that run to the cdi notice the different color. What the hell year Warrior are these from?
DSC00521_zps32404614.jpg

^ wires on left was connected to wires on right even though the colors didn't match
DSC00523_zpsfdfe76f3.jpg

^ this is the extra stator he gave me that tested junk. Prolly was the correct ends for this model. The newer stator must have not matched so he just hard wired it. Notice that my carpet is EXACTLY like the one in the begining of Napoleon Dynamite this is very important.

Last edited:
k that last one is 97-01 im pretty sure can flow those wire back going to the cdi to see color changes ?

k that last one is 97-01 im pretty sure can flow those wire back going to the cdi to see color changes ?

I'm not sure If I follow ya. What are you talking about following the wires to the cdi? The last picture is of the connectors on a removed stator.

On a side note I order a $37 new stator assembly from egay for a 96-01 Warrior. I should have my hands on the part by hopefully Thursday or Friday.

k that last one is 97-01 im pretty sure ..... can you flow those wire back going to the cdi to see color changes ? yes the wires going to the cdi and what the cdi look like

DSC00518_zpsbfaa2968.jpg

If your asking about these 4 wires that are hanging down that was wired into my stator that are red,green,white,and brown. They run all the way into the plug that connects to the cdi box. They are factory wires,and are part of the wiring harness.

I'm just sitting here waiting on the mail man to drop off my stator. The suspense is killing me!!!

Back