New Member, but longtime Yamaha rider.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Njvig64

Reaction score
Hello fellow Warrior members. My name is Paul and I hail from New Jersey. I started out by using a friends Warrior and quickly became addicted to the freedom of exploring the woods by where I used to live. I purchased my Warrior in 2001 brand new from Staten Island NY. I still own this quad today and just recently returned from Silver Lake Michigan where my 20 year old daughter made use of our Warrior. I'm happy to say the 22 year old quad performed flawlessly.
Last year was our first year at Silver Lake. My then 15 year old son brought his new 2021 Yamaha Raptor 700. He started out on the Warrior and quickly became a fan. This year I came with a brand new 2023 Yamaha Raptor 700R. These bikes are powerful. It takes very little skill to climb the tallest sand dunes Silver Lake has to offer. When climbing with the Warrior you have to downshift prior to reaching the top, so a little skill is required to time it correctly and to downshift quick enough.
My 23 year old son made his first visit and was utilizing a Yamaha Blaster. This little two stroker was able to use it's power band and downshifts to climb the largest hill too, but also requires stamina to hold on while you are bounced around more severely on the shorter wheel base.
I am a 58 year old father of four and enjoy spending quality time with my kids. Silver Lake is very enjoyable and highly recommend it if you are up for a new adventure. Just be sure to study up on what you will require. For instance the minimal will be paddles for the rear tires and special filter to keep the sand out of your stock filter. If you don't want to splurge for the special sock that slips over your stock filter I suggest a good panty hose will suffice.
Take care everyone.
PaulView attachment 5353

Attachments

• PXL_20230726_235813692.jpg
    PXL_20230726_235813692.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230724_202221536.jpg
    PXL_20230724_202221536.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back