New lights again

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood

Reaction score
So I got a replacement pair of lights from Walmart. They are 2.5" round 55watt same as last time. I'm going to put a screw in them this time so they don't come apart. Now that I mada a light hole cover I need to mount them somewhere else. I want to put them under the hood right where the fender and hood meet, I see others on here like that and like the look. Question is how and where exactly do I mount them anyone have a pic? Thanks

Got them mounted, here they are

lights2.jpg

lights.jpg

did you just cut the old light bracket off? and how bright are these? 20 bucks thats a cheap fix

yeah I cut the top of the light braket off, I didn't want the cover to bulge up and it was cracker on one side already from a good roll I had a few yrs back. The lights are 55watt and seem to be about twice as bright as the factory ones.

Looks good. I've seen the ran there before. Are they hard mounted? I know they'll take quite a beating there, hopefully they hold up for you!

I ended up useing a longer bolt in the bracket and used some nuts and washers as a spacer to pull it away from the frame some. They are baolted to the front hood mounts. I had to flex the backet a little but it's up there solid. Also out 2 screws in each light so they don't come apart again. I like yours deadlast but I can't justify spending that much to the old lady for lights lol

Hahahha. I have to confess. I only paid full price on a very few select parts on my quad. How in the hell you think I got it the way it is now! I'm as cheap as every other warrior rider out there. I like the look of the lights down there though. Just I like having light as I turn, really come in handy. I do A LOT of night riding. Makes day riding seem like a walk in the park.

I was just thinking if I got the light handlebar clamp without the lights I could put these on there?? Maybe. The ablity to turn the lights with the bars is a big plus

or, like my brother has done to his 450R and g/f's 300ex; make a bracket/plate that mounts to the stem clamps. I see you have your rev/nut light ckuster still hooked up but you can put them on the plate as well. Ill get pic of what he has done. Turns out good and is pretty simple to do.

I want to put my reverse and neutal lights in the hood but before I do that I need to find a nice cheap handlebar clap, the stock one is ugly

Do that with you neutral and reverse lights its pretty cool i did it but i put them on the hood right beside the steering stem

you should go buy some 100 w bulbs... :D that would be awesome. haha and did you just use a tester to find out high/low beams. although you probably just used the high beam part? and did you fuse them?

Latest posts

Back