New invention!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
A friend of mine just created a patent for a automatic jump starter for jetskis, quads, and other powersport applications. It should be hitting the market soon so it'll be available to purchase very soon. It basically automatically jump starts your quad or such by using a solar panel. Obviously it won't work at night but it's a very good safeguard for accidently leaving your lights on and such, and it has a very durable design. Let me know how many people would be interested in one, just out of curiosity of course. That is the number one problem with jetskis, the damn battery always dies on the bastards.

Sounds like an excellent idea. Thats my main fear with the warrior since I have no idea how to pop start it.

Sounds like an excellent idea. Thats my main fear with the warrior since I have no idea how to pop start it.

pop starting is easy with a manual clutch quad, all you do is roll it down a hill or get someone to push you as fast as they can, put er in 2nd (or 3rd if the tires just drag in 2nd) and let the clutch fly. If you have a bad clutch it won't work though.

Do you have any more info about the solar jump starter, Box? How big will it be? Price?

I'm not sure about the details yet, I'll post some pics when I get one. Pop starting isn't hard to do, but when your stuck alone your pretty much fucked if you didn't stop on a hill. The panel shouldn't be very large, it was made to easily fit on a hood of most powersport vehicles.
On top of this invention he has made several others, including a very good brake dust remover (one that actually ******* works without scrubbing). This should be a very convenient accessory to have while in the boonies.

solar pannels are alot of money id say a few hundred. does it mount directly to the battery?
if it doesnt it might be quite a pain in the A$$ to wire. but other than that it sounds like a great idea.

That sounds like a great idea. I wish i had somthing like that this past weekend, my battery was dead and i had to pop start it or jump start it off of my friends quad every time it stalled or i shut it off. Let us know how much it will cost when you find out.

The way he has it built is by directly wired to the battery and installed on the hood.

sounds like a real good idea for skiis cause u usually go out when its nice and sunny on those things anyway. It would suck to be stranded out on the water with a dead battery on a jet ski

I'm already the lucky bastard that's getting the field testing position!!! ;D The guy that's making them works for DuPont automotive paints and stops in the shop every week or so. I was lucky enough to talk to the guy and find out he designed these things.

Latest posts

Back