New hood

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dte825

Reaction score
Check out my new hood. Ghetto rigged but I think it looks cool.
frontend002.jpg

New bars on the way. Here is a close up of the hood.
frontend003.jpg

I said on the way but I am actually gonna order them tonight. Still trying to decide but prolly renthals. My buddy has them on his ex and he has bent two steering stems in rollovers but hasn't bent the bars yet. Pretty impressive. I really want red anodized bars so I will probably just go with the best set that come in that color.

Is that cardboard and magic marker I see? Did you install it with duck tape? Haha just joking man, looks good.

Is that cardboard and magic marker I see? Did you install it with duck tape? Haha just joking man, looks good.
Nah. its sheet metal that I painted black. I took a Yamaha sticker and cut the emblem out with an exacto then used it for a stencil and sprayed red paint over the black. I glued the metal on with silicone. Problem was, after I installed the red piece I had silicone on my hands and then handle the other piece before I painted it black. Silicone and paint dont mix. So I had all these tiny spots where the white metal was showing through. Hence the Sharpie. I'm gonna tape off the emblem part and the front of my bike, sand down the black part and shoot it again. I was hoping the marker lines wouldn't show up in the picture but oh well.

So how do you like the works?
Night and day man. Lovin them so far. So much softer which is nice for the trails. I got the banshee shock on the rear and that might be an even better upgrade. Fully adjustable and it cost me about $50 plus shipping. Way way worth it.

$360. Lot a money but def worth it. Better than $500 or $600 for elkas or others but still a lot a cake to spend on a $2000 bike.

Hey check out the close up and look at my relocated R and N lights. Prolly done before but I thought it was a cool idea. Wanted to get rid of that ugly cover.

I said on the way but I am actually gonna order them tonight. Still trying to decide but prolly renthals. My buddy has them on his ex and he has bent two steering stems in rollovers but hasn't bent the bars yet. Pretty impressive. I really want red anodized bars so I will probably just go with the best set that come in that color.

I dont know about you... but id rather trash a few sets of cheap aluminum bars that are 20 bucks a peice rather than 200 dollar steering stems.

Hey check out the close up and look at my relocated R and N lights. Prolly done before but I thought it was a cool idea. Wanted to get rid of that ugly cover.

Thats pretty neat..never seen them like that before..it took me a minute to find them

[quote:ramysbnp]I said on the way but I am actually gonna order them tonight. Still trying to decide but prolly renthals. My buddy has them on his ex and he has bent two steering stems in rollovers but hasn't bent the bars yet. Pretty impressive. I really want red anodized bars so I will probably just go with the best set that come in that color.

I dont know about you... but id rather trash a few sets of cheap aluminum bars that are 20 bucks a peice rather than 200 dollar steering stems.[/quote:ramysbnp] I was getting ready to say that till i looked down and saw your post..

Hood looks good on there. I like the black and red from seeing yours and teamexile's.

Back