new here

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEARMAX

Reaction score
hey guys im a noob here and to the warrior this is my first atv .i got it for $150 the guy said it didnt run .after finding out the pull string part had been gutted i moved to the starter .i instaled a new battery and nothing so i hooked my jump box to the starter and nothing.any how i found a used one for $50.00 instaled it turned the key and hit the start button and she fired right off .and runs like a raped ape:atv: the only issue is with the air box hooked up it bogs down and looses power and runs like crap if i disconect it at the carb it runs great //wth is happening here im considering a open cone filter .also the reverse handle is locked up any help here is apreciated

Attachments

• 11131432.jpg
    11131432.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 16
GREAT DEAL!!

The reverse sucks on these. I dont even have a handle on mine. I just have a bent rod down by the case.

Sounds like you may want to clean the carbs. I wouldn't put a cone on a quad. I play in too much water and mud.

Welcome aboard.

Its sounds like it rich if you take off the filter and air box, check the air filter it may need to be replace or cleaned if its a K&N. Dunno about the reverse handle unless locked up you mean rusted, might put some pb blaster at all the joints and get them to soak and see what happens. If that don't work might be something inside the tranny messed up not letting go into reverse.

Oh good job on the deal BTW.

Welcome to the site. You gunna need to re-jet if you plan to run a direct filter.

Back