New Guy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Church722

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to introduced myself. I'm new to the forum and new to the warrior. Have a 400ex and kind of inherited a 1996 warrior that didn't run until I found some wisdom from the site which helped diagnose the issue. Now shes on her way to purring like a kitten once rebuild the carb. Kinda wanted to ask everyone.....wheres the best spot to mount a winch on the old girl?

Well of you were going to mount a winch I'd say right behind the front bumper in the frame if you use the search feature there have been a few members that have done this maybe you will find some pics

Ill check it out. Thanks for the reply! Been searching around for lighting ideas too. The stocks on her are a little dim

Check out my bike in my build thread you can go to walmart and get the lights for 20$ me and a few other guys on here run them they hold up fairly well in the woods and are brighter than sin but you will not have high low beams just bright as hell

Thanks Ballard, I'll check it out. I do have a question you guys might have the answer for. I put a new stator in the 96 warrior two nights ago and got it running. But I went back last night to start it up and have no spark. Checked the ground at the reverse lever (heard thats a common problem) but it was good. Also swapped the ignition coil for a good one last night and got no where. I even tested the spark plug with my friends raptor and got spark from there. Any ideas on where to go from here?

Thanks for the welcome! It's actually an EL Cheapo zoom zoom ebay stator. And I found the problem over the weekend. I pulled the stator cover and everything off to check it out and found that one of the wires to the pickup coil was ripped off. I'm guessing I didn't get them tucked away in there properly. So anyways after a little 3 beer engineering I was able to fix the wiring and she has perfect spark.

Now my only problem is that it cuts out and sputters when you try to run wide open. My assumption is I'm getting too much fuel but no idea for sure. Could just be stuck valves from sitting? Who knows? Any takers?

Taking the old girl out on her maiden voyage since bringing her back to life this weekend. Been tinkering with trying to fix the cutting out issue but no luck so far. The fuel mix screw doesn't seem to help at all no matter which way I adjust it. It's all stock with a stock (new) carb and stock jetting which is why i'm so frustrated that it wont run perfect.

guess i never tried actually counting. just kinda screwed some, then rode, and repeated the process with no luck but maybe im too far or not far enough. I'll play around with it when im off work tonight and give an update. Just ordered an LED light bar for it. I like your halogens but I rode with a guy labor day weekend who was using the led light bars on his quads and i really like that look. Soon as they arrive and i get it installed ill let yall know how it performs. It was like 40 bucks on amazon after shipping.

Sweet man sounds awesome I would say turn the pilot air screw all the way in and genially snug it up then count your turns and turn it two turns out it makes a huuuuuge difference I need to set mine and put some loctight on it or seal it with silicone

I've played with that screw and having zero positive results. I even adjusted the needle a notch leaner and a notch richer last night with no improvements either. damn thing is frustrating.

I think your float isn't set right in your carb. Its allowing too much gas. I'd check to see if its within spec

Tried that too. No luck. She survived the weekend. was able to keep up with the others except on hills. It just cuts out too much to take any sort of hill climb over 10 feet tall.

Back