New front end + oil cooler

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro6767

Reaction score
Ok, been workin on the raptor for quite some time now. I replaced my perma-cool oil cooler with one i found on ebay, installed a kill switch, removed the e-brake, and you can see the suspension improvements i made a few weeks ago. My new bumper should be in any day.

e9f34ab4.jpg

e9f34b09.jpg

e9f34af5.jpg

e9f34acc.jpg

The oil cooler is resting on the ignition box and it gets kinda hot, is this a problem, any ideas for a heat barrier between the two?

relocate the ignoition box or make an aluminum box around it that is insulated idk i was just throwing something out there, looks good though

lookin nice....you like the +2+1 wickeds, if you would get them again would you of gotten the +3+1? Im getting a set but idk what size yet, i dont want to get too short then have to deal with them and be pissed about it. How well do they line up with your stock axle, even wider, skinnier?

Thanks, Pm be back about all that.

When I did my oil cooler I fliped the ign. Box to the other side of the bracket that its srewed on to and to srews back on

The wickeds are good but i had to adjust one side a lot more than the other to get the camber set equal. I rode them with the stock axle for a while and the steering was real funny, the front would stay planted and the back end would be all over the place, it was hard to hold a line comin out of a corner. Im running them with crj wheel spacers (+ 1" each side) and the steering is great now.

e9ed0c50.jpg

notice how far i had to unscrew this side, the other is screwed all the way in

I guess the + 3 would be better i never really gave it much thought, the + 2 are such a huge improvement, the a-arms should come stock this length. Thats a good idea about flippin the ignition to the other side im goona try that and mount my bumper that just came in.

kewl i think im just going to get the +3+1's then because im not going to be running wheel spacers or anything else. And i also have a exstended axle alread too so i think ill be good.

Yeah i went a little crazy with the grease when i installed them, it comes out every time i ride. I took a few spills with the quad so i guess the frame could be bent, but ive looked a few times and couldnt see it, no paint chipped.

^^^ yah i was gonna ask that too...did it help or is it a gimmick

Icat is the best thing i have bought so far. Throdle response increased by double, it made the bike feel so much quicker. I dont know if it adds power, but as soon as i give it gas she revs, less hesitation. Keep in mind my motor is bone stock so i cant say if it helps a modded motor but i think it would.

Latest posts

Back