New from Nevada!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan908

Reaction score
Well, my name is Evan. I've got a few posts in but for those of you who don't know me...
I picked up a 1987 350 Warrior in a trade for an old bobber I had in my back yard, which was in a basket case when I got it, the motor had just been bored .40 over and the bottom end redone with a mild port/polish. The people who had it before me had gotten to it with some god awful spray painting abilities so I went and bought some gold and white paint and went to work. After that, I cleaned the carb put some oven cleaner on the engine to clean her up and went to start it... but nothing. The "Brand new battery" was fried... The pull start was my next option. My old three wheeler had one of these so it's not too bad. So I grabbed the handle and gave her a good ol' yank and almost ripped my freaking arm off. Didn't know about the compression release -.- After figuring that out, it started on the first pull... after sitting for about 4 or 5 years AND IDLED! (I did an oil change before all of this too). Took it up and down the street and I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. The next day I took it out to the Sand Pits, a local riding hotspot and through some whoops blew the bottom right ball joint in the front. I've never stopped so fast in my life. I tied the axle back together with some extra shoelace and did the five mile put back home. Just ordered my new-used A arm off ebay for a whopping 27$. Next thing I want to know is what are the best after market parts for these bad boys?

Attachments

• march 24 and Meeden family ride 374.jpg
    march 24 and Meeden family ride 374.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Depends what type of parts your looking for.?

Welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

there are only 2 sets on the forum and both are custom made ..mine are +3 and gen1pat's are +2

Back