new from nc,help needed!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05zx4st

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just picked up a 93 i believe,was hoping someone knew something bout this bike. Got this bike and a 98 almost roller(minus rear hubs/tires) for 250 bucks. Figured out whats up with the wiring,got it running. Smokes like all.tore it down to find the normal ring issue and leaking exhaust valve seal. Drop the oil drain bolt and oil filter,metal galore. Few decent sized chunks. Was hoping someone possibly knows the history on this thing and point me in the direction of what happened to this thing.

Attachments

• 2013-02-09_22-53-36_980.jpg
    2013-02-09_22-53-36_980.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 25
Yeah,figure if something happens i can prob part it out,but id love to be able to ride it,seems like a fun quad the little i did ride it before i tore it down.

Welcome. Pour a quart of oil through the rod hole in the bottom end with the drain plug out to flush the engine out best you can. See how much comes out. Honestly, if the gears work, and it shifts well, and there is no noise... run it! My extra engine I JUST pulled from my bike has a slight whirring in the higher gears, and I've had metal bits and even half a thrust washer come out of the oil before, and she still runs and operates perfect. If you have the engine out, split the cases. It's not hard on these bikes.

Im from the triad area,drove 2 hrs to get this bike since i figured it was a deal! Thanks,been reading a bunch of good info on here. Just got done working on my buds 400ex(put a 450r carb on it)im ready to ride again!

Back