New from MD

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andryzzle

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Andrew.

I live in southern MD but I'll finish up my Mech Engineering degree from Georgia Tech in December. Back home I have an 01 Warrior that's lightly modded: renthal bars, 909 grips, itp holeshot rears with stock fronts, parking brake delete, and a -1 tooth front sprocket.

Here's me teaching my friend to ride:
n12821766_35997655_1602552.jpg

and here's my other hobby:
IMGP4036.jpg

Anyway, I was thinking about getting a new quad once I graduated, but after browsing though here I'm leaning toward the modding the Warrior. Lots of good info on here and I'm looking forward to utilizing it.

welcome. nice warrior and turbo'd accord. you running a swap in that thing?

if the warrior isn't another bill then go ahead and fix it up. that's what i did. no sense in going out and getting in debt with another one.

Thanks.

The accord has the stock engine in it, and it's stock internally too. They came with 8.8:1 compression and iron sleeves from the factory so great for boost. I'm running about 280whp at 0.9 Bar.
DSC02635.jpg

Good point about another bill, already have the platform to start with. I'll make sure to make gratuitous use of the search button since I'm sure all my quad modding noob questions have been answered hundreds of times.

I did the formula SAE program my freshman year, interesting stuff but i couldn't keep up with that and schoolwork.

It's been awhile but i'm back from school. The quad was getting no spark, so me and a friend used a repair manual (provided by this site, thanks) to track the problem to the stator coil. Swapped that out and i'm good to go again. I'm already looking into a slip on exhaust since I hate the stock egg carton and i have to run my ITPs flipped since they would rub. It looks sweet but since I do a lot of tight trail riding they sometimes get hung up. Also looking at a new front bumper and maybe the raptor rear shock conversion. Any tips or other introductory mod suggestions?

if you're totally stock then go with an air filter/ the slip on/ and a good jet kit. get that taken care of and then do the free accel. pump mod on the carb

do you have a link to the thread on that? i probably wasn't using the correct keywords.

bump for info about the spring mod

also sorry if anybody else on here was bidding for that pro circuit slip on :p

all the spring mod is, is taking a click pens spring and use it in place of the factory spring in the accelerator pump thats in the carb. if you take the carb off, if memory serves me right, and you pull the bowl youll see the plunger and spring.

oh and apperently i missed welcoming you when you joined so, welcome and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds simple enough, and it makes the rideability that much better?

thanks for the welcome btw. hopefully i'll have the t4 slip on in and on by this weekend.

Don't even have to pull that carb for that mod, Just be able to get the bowl off.

what's the preferred brand of click pen? :p

seriously though, am i looking for a stronger spring or what? I feel like ya'll probably covered this somewhere else, is there a thread on it?

Their should be a thread on it? Look in the tut section. Just find a retractable click pen, any brad will do. Most all of those springs will be much stronger and thricker the the Acc. pump spring. You may have to pull the pen spring out a little bit, try and make it the same length as the stock spring. Goo thing is that they are all the same width, thats why you go with a pen spring in the first place.

running again, here's a quick vid. spring mod is next.

OOOOOOoooooOOOO!!! JUMP THE BUS!!!
:D Jk

Welcome to the board! Although I think you've prolly been here longer than me.. lol.

and nice warrior, identicle colours/plastics as mine!

Latest posts

Back