New edelbrock slide & adjuster :(

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

DeathShadow

Reaction score
Well guys I learned my lesson today ???... I had to order a NEW slide and adjuster assembly from Edelbrock for the carburetor because while changing a needle I stripped out the old adjuster inside the slide :(...

Lesson learned: I have to stop over-torqueing things.

Cost for new flat slide and adjuster assembly: $35.00 (not to bad)!

dswwarrior350

Reaction score
Not to bad at all actually. Ill keep this in mind like you said when i go to change needles. I may have to order a new needle, they only gave me 16E, 18E(installed), and 20E. The 20 may be too big so i may have to order a 19E. We will see, what i need to do is stop talking and get installing.

welby

Reaction score
Yeah, they warn you of that in the manual I got for the one on my KFX. They also warn you of the possibility of the check needle falling out of the bowl when you have it off... however I missed that section :-/ .

But like you said Death, parts arent very expensive and I've had nothing but good experiences with their tech and customer service.

DeathShadow

Reaction score
Not to bad at all actually. Ill keep this in mind like you said when i go to change needles. I may have to order a new needle, they only gave me 16E, 18E(installed), and 20E. The 20 may be too big so i may have to order a 19E. We will see, what i need to do is stop talking and get installing.
The needles are $13.00 each. You should be ok with the needles they gave you though.

DeathShadow

Reaction score
Yeah, they warn you of that in the manual I got for the one on my KFX. They also warn you of the possibility of the check needle falling out of the bowl when you have it off... however I missed that section :-/ .

But like you said Death, parts arent very expensive and I've had nothing but good experiences with their tech and customer service.
BAH! who reads the manual... :p

dswwarrior350

Reaction score
13 dollars for a needle, lol, Thats not too cheap. It runs freaking awesome right now, everything is perfect except for the accelerator pump. It doesnt seem lean on the top end right now, but what i figure is once the end of summer rolls around and it gets cooler out its gonna have to be jetted a little richer. No big deal its not hard to do. Once i got it out for a long ride yesterday i could adjust it perfect. My warrior actually has a powerband now how sweet is that, kicks in right at midrange and just goes. I can idle around in sixth gear and roll on it and it picks right up and goes especially once it gets to the midrange. I also think this carb gave me a little more topend speed, maybe just because my stock carb was enver jetted right idk.