New dude from NW OH area

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubbz14

Reaction score
Hello and stuff. My name is Shane and I love long walks on the beach while sipping on martinis. Anyways. People call me Stubbz because I lost half of my finger on a bike when I was 13. I have never rode a quad until I rode my buddies stock 03? Warrior and I knew I had to get one. So I found one on CL tht "ran and rode" and when I got there (2.5hrs later) it wouldn't start. Have him 600 bucks, got a new battery and starter and she was good to go. Just ordered new rubber and hand guards today and I'll probably be taking the e brake off and getting tie rods in the near future. I found this site when I was doing some research on how to mod and what I should do first. As of right now I just want to get a nice "reliable" trail toy. I will try posting pictures but I'm at work and my service is terrible.

That one is actually my 02 r6. Pretty much just Exhaust and jetted. I also drive an 02 Ram SLT. This should be it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 6
After brand new (cheapo)tires, starter, battery, hand guards and upgraded tie rods I will have less than a grand into it and it already had a bumper and the huge nerfs under it(which I'm not sure if I'm keeping those on or not) and a rear bar. The plastics are in great shape with mostly minor scratches and no cracks although there are a few gouges in them. MOST of the bolts/screws are missing so I threw zip strips on it for now. Thanks guys. I look forward to learning about what these things can do and taking some of your knowledge. :)

Welcome to the forum Stubbz!! Be carefull you dont get the warrior bug, thats were you start as just fixing it and after you know it you have changed or upgraded almost everything on it,lol..Its ok thow we all do it!!

So apparently the warrior is leaking gas. It's in my buddy's garage right now and I got a text saying it's leaking. Idk where from or how bad but I'm going over there tomorrow to take a look at it. I've been searching the forums for common or possible problems so I know what to look for so I guess I'll keep y'all posted. Lol

So I just got a pic from my buddy. It's a pretty good size puddle. I did notice a little leaking coming from a hose off the bottom of the carb that was "plugged" with a screw. So I'm probably looking at a float issue right? I'm not good with carbs at all. Never even tore one apart. Maybe take it off and do a rebuild?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 3
wow, yeah probly stuck open floats,, after running mine i always cut off the fuel switch on the tank just incase something happens.

That's about what I'm doubt for now. I rode it for a few hours today and it seems like the carb needs a good cleaning so I'll probably just rebuild it. Then I took it out for a quick little ride with my younger brother to try and get him into it and long story short, I need a new shifter and right outer tie rod end. I'm glad we both had lids on. Put it that way. Haha

Back