new chain and sprocket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick97war

Reaction score
Can i put a higher tooth count on the front and rear like a 14 and the front and a 41or higher on the rear

Yeah, you can, but you may find you have to buy a longer chain. Usually if you go up more than 2 on the front or 5 or 6 on the rear you will need a new chain.

Hell I tried to go up two on the rear and the chain wouldn't reach. Ended up going down one on the front. Gearing was pretty close to what I was trying to accomplish and the chain reached.

my 02 is 14-40 and the chain fits but gonna be going to a 14 38 here soon

my 02 is 14-40 and the chain fits but gonna be going to a 14 38 here soon

I had converted my Warrior over to 13-38 and a Raptor brake rotor for ground clearance. Now they are both 12-38. Was shooting for the original 14-40 gearing for my 22 inch sand tires but the chain wouldn't reach with the adjuster all the way forward. I just bought new chains for both and wasn't about to buy another one. I may actually leave the 12-38 setup on them even for the 20" dirt tires. I rode them that way the other day and it worked ok for the trails.

yeah I just want a little more top end than stock
I keep thinking I need to shift into my imaginary 7th gear lol

u just made my day sayin that hauler...haha i do that all the time lol wow:haha:
yes all to often lol if I don't take a mental note of the gears as I go threw them I still think I have 1 more after the fact but with a bad clutch and stock gearing with 20's it seams like there should be another gear right?

So I want more acceleration what sprockets do you think I need?

To get more accel you either have to go down in teeth on the front sprocket or go up in teeth on the rear sprocket. More accel means less top speed.

1 tooth on the front sprocket is equal to 3 teeth on the rear. So, either go down to a 12 on the front, or go to a 43 in the rear. You're going to see the biggest difference with changing the front sprocket over the rear. You may want to get several difference sprockets to try.

Latest posts

Back