New Carrier and Axle, need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ComptonJ22

Reaction score
I just purchased a Tusk Extended axle and Magic Racing duel row carrier for my 01 Warrior. My issue is that something doesn't seem right, i haven't been able to install the axle into the carrier it seems like it is going to take a ridiculous amount of force. Can anyone advise me as to how much force should be needed to insert the axle into carrier, i'm worried that there is an issue with the carrier. I have searched these forums and others trying to find something on this but have not been able to find anything. I also have a call into Magic Racing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex is correct, Should slide in with just slight force, make sure the sleeve is straight and slide it in. Good choice on the new parts, NICE

At this point i'm almost postivie i recived the wrong carrier or the wrong bearings where installed. The axle wont get past the bearings and i used a small amount of grease to see where the axle was being stoped from going through. It is being stoped halfway up the collar before the sprocket splines. I will hopefully know more later today.. Thank you for your help.

Well i just got off the phone with Magic Racing, i must say they are extemly helpful. We located their engraved part number and discoverd they sent me a carrier for a Raptor350. Kudo's to them for going the extra mile to make it right, express shipping me a replacment and pre-paid return lable. I will deffinetly be dealing with them agin.

While my shock is being rebuilt and tuned i figured i would freshen up the suspension linkage, could anyone tell me if the bushings in the linkage are simply pressed in? What is the best way of getting the old ones out without using a press?

I just ordered the same axle and carrier. Mine was stock and the bearing were grinding and im to lazy to just swap the bearings lol

Once i got the proper carrier it went together with ease. I havent had a chance to test it out yet. Working on suspension atm.

Back